Hacking Nand backup info.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv got my nand backed up when i was on 5.02 just asking do i need to keep backing up my nand for every fw update that comes out? or will the one be fine from then on?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Iv got my nand backed up when i was on 5.02 just asking do i need to keep backing up my nand for every fw update that comes out? or will the one be fine from then on?
You need to keep a backup for each pretty much, as soon as you upgrade, you can remove your old one. Especially if it blows efuses. Then you need to have something to patch your fw each time you boot.

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to keep a backup for each pretty much, as soon as you upgrade, you can remove your old one. Especially if it blows efuses. Then you need to have something to patch your fw each time you boot.
Why would i Need to patch my fw each time? Was thinking the Switch sx pro would take take of the rest for me.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why would i Need to patch my fw each time? Was thinking the Switch sx pro would take take of the rest for me.
Because efuses and problems whit downgrading, you need not update and have 1 backup or to update and backup every update.
SX PRO has this problem, atmosphere would not, sience it uses emunand, your sysnand would remain the same version and the same backup should work

Reactions: leerpsp

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always backup the nand always make a couple copies of each nand save the old ones to because those fuses will get bypassed eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo