• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,386
  • Replies 24
  • Likes 13
D

Deleted User

OP
Alright. Time to stop shitposting and actually contribute something.

This is my first (publicly released) 3DS Homebrew application. It reads a text file from a location on the SD Card ("/data/N_O_T_I_C_3_D") and displays it for the user to read. AND... that's pretty much it.

Now, you may be wondering why I even bothered to release this. Well, I figured some might get some use out of it as an Info app for those who might get a hold of your haxxed 3DS. I included some text files containing info regarding 3DS Hacking (each covrting A9LH, MenuHax w/ CFW, and MenuHax w/o CFW, respectively). Maybe you could inject it into your Health & Safety.

Yeah. It's not much at all.

Included in the zip is the .3dsx and .smdh, as well as the .cia for those with CFW. No .3ds release. Sorry, Gateway users. (I'm really not sorry, you shouldn't be using Gateway).

This is more a practice program to get me acquainted to C++ and Homebrew Development than anything else, so pardon the n00bishness. I promise my next program will be better.

Screenshot:

scr_1_merged-bmp.58033

Source Code:
https://github.com/laxex/N_O_T_I_C_3_D

Special Thanks:
Wolfvak - for helping me out with switching screens to print to
Jasper Peters - for his Homebrew Template

Attachments

• scr_1_MERGED.bmp
    562.6 KB · Views: 874
  • N_O_T_I_C_3_D.zip
    720.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by ,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes! Finally a way for me to read game guides from gamefaqs without using the web browser! :)

Edit: Would I have to exit a game in order to use this app?

Last edited by jimmyleen,
Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! Finally a way for me to read game guides from gamefaqs without using the web browser! :)

Edit: Would have to exit a game in order to use this app?
What about the web browser :o
I always used that for gamefaqs guides, suspend the game, check out part of a guide, then come back.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
What about the web browser :o
I always used that for gamefaqs guides, suspend the game, check out part of a guide, then come back.

What I was thinking is that this app would use just as much ram as the browser if not less, just so we can run this and a game at the same time.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but I like having multiple applications in case something goes wrong.

Edit: for example lets say my wifi at home stops working. How will I view game guides without the internet?
a phone and a hotspot
Ahah im just kidding I see your point now :)

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems this is 3ds format and not cia, which means I will have to shut down my game in order to run the hbl in order to run this homebrew software.

A

a9lh-1user

OP
Thanks for that looks promising and i would love to try it.....but: as i dont use "Hombrew" channel anymore i've deinstalled it.
If someone could make a CIA installer of it it would be very nice!

D

Deleted User

OP

Edit: Would I have to exit a game in order to use this app?

Yes. You'd probably have to store the guides in a text file as well.

Thanks for that looks promising and i would love to try it.....but: as i dont use "Hombrew" channel anymore i've deinstalled it.
If someone could make a CIA installer of it it would be very nice!

I'm still working on the .cia release, it's just I'm having troubles with makerom as of now. So, SOON™.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you could scan files and have it display a9lh text if an "arm9loaderhax.bin" is on the SD root and display Menuhax text if it isn't and Menuhax files are?

D

Deleted User

OP
Perhaps you could scan files and have it display a9lh text if an "arm9loaderhax.bin" is on the SD root and display Menuhax text if it isn't and Menuhax files are?

Actually, A9LH could be cool. Maybe I'll include it in a later version. I'd need MenuHax testers, though.

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowNAND or a9lhv3 users though.
A9LH v3?
Anyway, I'm busy putting this text into a stage2 payload. It's taking a long time though since I need to add a font + string draw functions (mostly from ShadowNAND and Cakes).
I also have to do a lot of cleanup, and I'm a complete n00b to C, so this will take a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: