Hardware N3DS XL won't boot

AbelDmz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I've been having this problem with my 3ds. Tried reading all the post similar to it and also posted on reddit, but to no avail. Imma go quickly with the details.

Monday my n3ds xl was perfect, just played the hell out of it and went to sleep. Tuesday it got a little wet, because of a water bottle in my backpack. It didn't get that covered in water, mostly cause I've a protective case. Now, when I turned it on, the top screen was kinda faded, as in the colors were more white-greyish, and then it turned off. Did that about 2-3 times, until the next message appeared below (the screen photo)

So I turned it off and waited til I got home. Once I got home, I took the back apart, took off the battery and the sd card, dried em well (battery had like 2-3 droplets of water) gave it some time and then tried turning it on. The system now just gave me a black screen but the blue light was on, but nothing else happened. So I read that I should just let the battery run dry, and charge it fully. And that's what I did. Now I tried to turn it on, but the blue light just stayed for about 5 secs then it goes off.

I tried putting the new luma boot.firm, but does it does the same. Also it doesnt allow me to get to the menus (by pressing START or SELECT and turning it on) This just makes the system to turn off inmediatly as in, I just press the power button, 5 secs and it goes off. If I turn it on and press either start or select it inmediatly dies. Tried Booting it with and without SD, and I don't think the water is really the issue, but can't be sure, since I didn't use it after going to sleep and before the water incident. Here's also a screencap of the root of the SD.

Anything that could help is greatly appreciated and thanks a bunch in advance.

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 35228516_10204718959331141_9200674929991745536_n.jpg
    35228516_10204718959331141_9200674929991745536_n.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: NoNAND

AbelDmz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for your response. I will assume then that the worst happened. I can't get to the system recovery nor to luma config or chainloader.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response. I will assume then that the worst happened. I can't get to the system recovery nor to luma config or chainloader.
Sounds like significant water damage, I had this happen on my Previous N3DSXL, i had a half frozen water bottle, with a ton of condensation next to my n3dsxl in a backpack, which was on hours for spot pass. unbeknownst to me, the condensation became so high it saturated part of the n3dsxl and it wont turn on, or had light but no home menu. trying to turn on the N3DSXL while it was wet, was probably a bad idea. i then proceeded to use dessicant packages you get from beef jerky and some freeze dried products. and tons of rice. left it on for a few days, that turn into a week, nothing happen, only a slight flash of orange when i tried to charge it. i ended up giving up, so i contacted nintendo to unlink the n3dsxl NNID, i eventually went to buy a new n3dsxl before black friday(kinda dumb), and was able to retrieve the downloaded games(i dont have many virtual titles on the 3ds), but not any save data(since the 3dsxl cant even system transfer). I never done this but, you might be able to hack the 3ds save file on another 3ds console, probably best to look on this forum how to do it before proceeding.

if your planning to unlink, make sure dont throw away your 3ds, you will need the serial numbers(in the back), probably things you purchased like NINTENDO (10,20,50$) "debit card" and it count as proof(serial numbers).
i did eventually ended opening up nintendo hardware up it with special screws, because of the type of screws nintendo used(bought the special screw packages from TARGET from a cheap sale). To see for damage, i did see the stickers on 2 areas were pink, so alot of water damage, i mightve seen some mild corrosion on some parts of the motherboard, circuits.(i have opened it up before, because the R wasnt constantly "pressing R" also was due to water damage, or physical impact.
i LOOKED up on warranty, nintendo wont cover physical or water damage of any kind.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like significant water damage, I had this happen on my Previous N3DSXL, i had a half frozen water bottle, with a ton of condensation next to my n3dsxl, which was on hours for spot pass. unbeknownst to me, the condensation became so high it saturated part of the n3dsxl and it wont turn on, or had light but no home menu. trying to turn on the N3DSXL while it was wet, was probably a bad idea. i then proceeded to use dessicant packages you get from beef jerky and some freeze dried products. and tons of rice. left it on for a few days, that turn into a week, nothing happen, only a slight flash of orange when i tried to charge it. i ended up giving up, so i contacted nintendo to unlink the n3dsxl NNID, i eventually went to buy a new n3dsxl before black friday(kinda dumb), and was able to retrieve the downloaded games(i dont have many virtual titles on the 3ds), but not any save data(since the 3dsxl cant even system transfer). I never done this but, you might be able to hack the 3ds save file on another 3ds console, probably best to look on this forum how to do it before proceeding.

if your planning to unlink, make sure dont throw away your 3ds, you will need the serial numbers(in the back), probably things you purchased like NINTENDO (10,20,50$) "debit card" and it count as proof(serial numbers).
OP would need to check https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...backups-and-sd-contents-with-fuse-3ds.499994/ about save data. If nothing from there works. They are not going to be able too recover save date from the old 3ds.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Longshot. Sometimes my wife's 3ds won't cold boot with the SD card inserted. I turn it off, eject the card, turn it back on, and it works. I insert the card hot and its business as usual.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Longshot. Sometimes my wife's 3ds won't cold boot with the SD card inserted. I turn it off, eject the card, turn it back on, and it works. I insert the card hot and its business as usual.
I just unlinked the nnid, so i can redownload all my stuff on my new n3dsxl, i dint have any signficant data loss, but it was game content i payed for, i no longer play though. Unless you can hack the sd card, and use it on a new 3ds, i dont see how you can get the save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1