Hacking N3DS with 11.4 - AceKard 2i

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to 3ds.guide, it only works on FW 4.3.0, is this correct? I am a little confused about the below.

https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)
you will need to choose another route to install the exploit to the flashcard but you can indeed use your ak2i (once you instal the exploit on the ak2i) to hack your console
do you have a powersaves3ds or a hacked 3ds or a old model ds(/i) family system

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: sangweb

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2i will not run on a 3DS system that's higher than 4.3, unless it already has CFW installed. So, if you don't have CFW and you're on 11.4, you will need to choose one of the other ways to install ntrboot.

Reactions: sangweb

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Acekard 2i was blocked after that update, thus it won't boot on any OFW past that update. If your OFW is on that version or below, you can use the .nds flasher via your 3DS to flash the cart. Otherwise you need a DS(Lite/Phat) or a DSi with an 1.4.4 or below in order to run the flasher.
Due note that your OFW doesn't matter when using NTRBoot. NTRBoot is a bootROM exploit and operates long before the NAND is even mounted

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: sangweb and Lacius

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank-you all for the responses. After reading the instruction a couple of times and the responses, I think I got an idea of how it works. I do have a DSi with the Ace2Kard so I can use that to create the NTRBoot cartridge. I got it now. I was a little confused at first but now I got it. Tks.

Reactions: wormdood and Lacius

torofk

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
To reiterate what @Lilith Valentine said, we are only talking about what you require to install ntrboot to your Acekard 2i. After it is installed to your Acekard 2i, that Acekard 2i can be used to install B9S to any 3DS, regardless of system version.
What do I need to do more exactly? My 2ds is in 11.9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: