n3ds unDowngradable?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by megatallica, Jan 19, 2016.

1. megatallica
    OP

megatallica Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Update:So it looks like the problem might have been caused by nintendo's server after the initial restore or left over titles from 9.3-10.3

Original:Hey guys, ive encountered something interesting/frustrating, I believe I have a n3ds that is unable to downgrade properly. So it was at 10.3, I downgraded it to 9.2, but it was unable to run rxtools or Pasta and had a very low success rate launching homebrew such as FBI, after looking into it I believed that it was a failed downgrade, so I upgraded back up, and downgraded again with the same results.

Both Times I had used safesysupdater, since sysupdater kept throwing a "failed to get cia information"

So here was my process afterwards.

-Used different builds and guides for rxtools and pasta
    -System Restored back to 10.3
    -Replaced Update Files
    -Looked at the sysupdater source
    -Used standard sysupdater 0.4.2b
    -Reformated System
    -Formatted the SD Card
    -Used a Different Card
    -Used a card from a working 9.2 system
    -Tried Menuhax (was using ninjhax prior)

But it almost seems that the 3ds just wont downgrade properly or just refuses to run pasta or rx properly.

Ill keep trying and update you guys. Also if you have suggestions please let me know :)

Last edited by megatallica, Jan 19, 2016
  2. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Use mini pasta, it's a drag and drop install, if it loads it's your fault for other cfws if it doesn't, then a bad downgrade

3. megatallica
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    I should probably mention this is not emunand, I wanted to see if the system was functioning properly before I ran gw

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Mini pasta loads sysnand

5. megatallica
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    by mini pasta I assume you mean pasta on sysnand?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

well too late, 10.4 came out while I was updating and now im on 10.4...

6. dpad_5678
    This message by dpad_5678 has been removed from public view by Costello, Jan 19, 2016, Reason: useless post.
    Jan 19, 2016
  7. megatallica
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    So from what I assume, the titles mixed by nintendo before they commited the complete update, thats what was causing rx and pasta to lockup, anyone want me to test anything since im on 10.4?