N3DS stuck at black screen after installing arm9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Csendi, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Csendi
    OP

Csendi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Hungary
    Hi all!

I really hope someone can help me.

So I succesfully made the arm9loaderhax following Plailect's guide, but after the reboot I got stuck at black screen. Followed the troubleshooting as well, and deleted the luma3ds config file. It led me to the luma3ds setup, and when I hit the start to save, it froze, doing nothing. I tried to boot without sd card in, and it turns off after a sec, so I guess the arm9loaderhax got installed successfully.

Any thoughts what the problem might be?

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Humm, follow the guide until the end?
    Have you restored your emunand_original.bin with hourglass9 to sysnand and set luma3ds to autoboot sysnand?
    You have to follow the guide until the end

3. Csendi
    OP

Csendi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Hungary
    I can't even get to hourglass, it doesnt react to buttons during boot. The only place where I can get is the luma config, if I delete the config file. But when I hit start to save, it freezes.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    go back and get luma setup with the hourglass payload, im kinda thinking the guide should be reverted to restoring the 9.x nand backup before installing a9lh as so many people just panic at this step and go deleting crap in a panic

with the guide as it currently is the 3ds will be temporarily bricked after installing a9lh, at this point you just have to use hourglass9 to restore your previous 9.x+ nand backup and it will work again

5. Csendi
    OP

Csendi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Hungary
    It seems I could get to Hourglass, I just kept pushing the start button before turning on the 3ds. Although it's still confusing that luma still freezes after saving. Anyway, thanks for the help:)

6. sweatbox

sweatbox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Germany
    So you was under 2.1 and wanted to boot luma? Is the problem solved?

If not that can maybe help. That was the reason why my 3ds was bootet into black

7. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    If its the latest luma, its a bug.

8. Csendi
    OP

Csendi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Hungary