N3DS OTP is needed again?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by adrifcastr, Dec 13, 2016.

1. adrifcastr
    OP

adrifcastr GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    Just re-read "the holy guide" cause I´m gonna do my third A9LH Installation (this time DSiWare-Downgrade) and I justsaw that everything remaining to the OTP is back in the New 3ds Sections, I´m a little bit confused

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    The OTPless method was deemed to be less safe than the 2.1 downgrade method.

3. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    From what I remember is that the otpless on the n3ds was causing problems with maybe a few bricks so they went back to what has been proven stable until they can figure out what went wrong because they didn't know.. or something like that.

4. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Random bricks, so Plaliect and Aurora decided to stop that untill they discover if they were really random, or if there was a reason for them.

Redferne likes this.
  5. fodder

fodder STARMAN

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Technically it's not, if you remember how to install the OTPless way you can do that, but OTPless wasn't removed for no reason, risk is all on you, but you should just do OTP method.

6. adrifcastr
    OP

adrifcastr GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    I have not said I was not gonna do it, btw my first 3ds I A9LHed was when sysupdater was in its early stage and could brick easily and also when there was no SAFE a9lh installer, so I did some risky stuff I also had to downgrade it to 2.1 I anm gonna do that what is on Plailects guide.