N3DS or N3DSXL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Twanvl, May 22, 2016.

1. Twanvl
    OP

Twanvl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hey,

I doubt which one to choose. I had an DSi XL before and after some time when i played on that console, i got cramp in my hands. So is it better to buy the normal N3DS now?

Regards,
    Twan

2. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I switched from my original o3DS to the o3DS XL and it's bloody heavy. After a couple of hours, I have to take a break.

The thing is, I used to be able to carry the original 3DS in a pocket if I was wearing a jacket (like winter). Now it lives permanently in my purse/knapsack.

Twanvl likes this.
  3. nickwhit

nickwhit GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Honestly Ive gotten more hand cramps with my o3DS XL than any other handheld Ive ever had.. (granted thats maybe twice, once playing Kid Icarus which is known to cause cramping) but I wouldnt trade the screen size, or the feel of it for anything. All my friends have just the o3DS and it feels more like a toy than a real machine in my hands. But every since I got my o3DS XL Ive regretted not waiting out the n3DS XL.

That being said... Id personally recommend the n3DS XL over anything else right now.

Twanvl likes this.
  4. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    N3DS is slightly more beautiful, but N3DS XL has that huge screen. Being an XL user, I can say most games really don't give me any cramps. Maybe it's because I have big hands and the N3DS XL fits just right. The only games that pain my hands are Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 sometimes.

Twanvl and nickwhit like this.
  5. Twanvl
    OP

Twanvl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the information guys!
    Ordered a N3DS XL.
    I hope its worth it!

Februarysn0w and nickwhit like this.