Hardware N3DS Had Problem Booting Up

Kingsbury8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago I went to use my 3ds. I booted it up, raised the brightness from 1 to 3 (not sure if this is important), and launched a game. I shifted my attention away while the title sequence played, but my 3ds made a popping noise and turned off.

Thinking it was just very dead, I go to turn it back on and see if the battery is flashing red, but the light comes on blue, and a few seconds later the popping noise happens again and my 3ds turns off again. I made one more attempt and the same thing happened.

I plug in the 3ds the see if it would charge, which it did, and I try one more time to boot it up. This time it works just fine. I remove the plug to see if anything happens but it stayed on. I turned my 3ds off and on a few more times and it was fine.

Even though the problem seemed to have fixed itself, I did a little research on the problem. From what I gathered, popping and then shutting down is a problem that requires replacement or reconnecting of some internal piece of hardware, which both surprised and concerned me because plugging in my console fixed the problem.

My questions about all this are:
Was the cause of my problem the same as many others, or is it something else?
And
Is there a chance this will happen again, and if so, what can I do to avoid it?

Thanks for reading my long problem, and thank you in advance for any solutions.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Problem is a ribbon cable (screen, speaker). Slightly pulled out or torn a bit. because you always open and close the system, it can happen randomly.
Yes, there is a chance it will happen again. I suggest to take it apart (very gently, look for guides - iFix it) and make sure all ribbon cables are plugged in securely.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte