Hacking N3ds - FBI installer "Invalid argument" error.

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just downgraded my n3ds to 9.2, and installed an emunand (Aureinand) on it. Currently I am using ctrbootmanager with homebrew menu and Aureinand as boot options. When I boot into the homebrew launcher and run FBI, whenever I try to install a cia I get "Invalid Argument" as an error summarywith the Description "Cert signature or hash check failed (106).

Now I am aware this is a signed cert issue, and the fact that I am trying to install unsigned cia files. But my question is, how do I install these on my emunand? It seem like launching the homebrew launcher skips the emunand loading, which is likely why I cannot install unsigned cia. I am under the impression that Aureinand allows unsigned content to be installed, but it seems like I have to first boot into my emunand, then run homebrew launcher, THEN install a cia to the menu, right?

My only issue here is, how can I launch Ninjahax with my cubic ninja cart if my boot.3dsx on the root of my sd card is directed at ctrboot manager? Do I need to wipe my emunand and start over, with an emunand at a lower firmware to be able to use the browser exploit? Or is there a workaround for this?

Sorry if it has been asked many times, I cannot seem to find a way to work around this so far.

Thanks!

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to launch the homebrew menu through emunand. Go to your emunand and go to the homebrew launcher with whatever exploit you can use. Id recommend installing fbi in health and safety and the homebrew browser cia too. Just use the starter pack and replace ctrboot's boot with the ninjhax one.

Last edited by uribemaster,

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. And after that I will be able to install cia with FBI without limitations, right? As in, I won't have to inject all of my apps to a system application right? Just the FBI client?

Dunno if that makes sense.

D

Deleted User

Even in emuNAND, you may still have issues with using FBI via the Homebrew launcher. I was never ever able to get it to work. If it doesn't work for you, just inject FBI into Health and Safety.

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, and from there I won't have an issue installing CIAs of any size right? I converted all of my cartridges to roms, then to cia. I want to install all of them on the home menu.

I suppose I can find a guide on injecting FBI into Health and Safety, but I am at work right now. Don't want to be too careless with what I google. Is the process difficult? Or can it be accomplished from the homebrew launcher?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, as long as there's enough space on your SD card.
It's not very difficult at all, and I don't think it really matters what tutorial you follow. I believe you can inject titles from the Homebrew launcher using Decrypt9.

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right on man. I have a 32 gb micro sd card right now but will be upgrading to a 64 or 128 gb one soon.

Also, with Aureinand, do you know off hand if I need to patch the agb_firm (something like that) to run GBA VC titles? I seem to get mixed responses on that front.

D

Deleted User

I'm pretty sure you do. Just yesterday I tried launching one of my GBA VC titles, forgetting that I didn't install a patched version of agb_firm because when I used rxTools it handled agb_firm patching for me, and I got an error.

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uribe and Tomato, you two are the best! Thanks for the help. Got CIA installation working. I just have to find where my damn ambassader cia titles went.

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
To run GBA VC from emunand you need to install the VC title to both Sysnand and Emunand (Destination SD:!). Run MiniPasta from HBL, then back to Homebrew launcher to install FBI and/or GBA VC titles to sysnand.

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to launch the homebrew menu through emunand. Go to your emunand and go to the homebrew launcher with whatever exploit you can use. Id recommend installing fbi in health and safety and the homebrew browser cia too. Just use the starter pack and replace ctrboot's boot with the ninjhax one.
I use menuhax

Lespna1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the error also. I got the cartridge w/the 9.2 update from Japancake and updated my Nintendo 2DS. Then, I installed the Homebrew Launcher onto the SD card. I go to the Homebrew Launcher put restarting the system and pushing the Down button on the direction pad. I'm trying to test my SMW level and SMW2 so I put the ROM's on there to test them, but it would not load the emulator program. I tried Retroarch and SNES9x v0.62 and v0.63 and the same thing happened so Cubed Cinder suggested running the .cia file, and I tried to use the FBI one, but like I mentioned, I am stuck b/c I get that error message. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I have to do to make it work. Do I just put the files from the FBI onto the root of my SD card or do I have to put them in different folders?

D

Deleted User

I get the error also. I got the cartridge w/the 9.2 update from Japancake and updated my Nintendo 2DS. Then, I installed the Homebrew Launcher onto the SD card. I go to the Homebrew Launcher put restarting the system and pushing the Down button on the direction pad. I'm trying to test my SMW level and SMW2 so I put the ROM's on there to test them, but it would not load the emulator program. I tried Retroarch and SNES9x v0.62 and v0.63 and the same thing happened so Cubed Cinder suggested running the .cia file, and I tried to use the FBI one, but like I mentioned, I am stuck b/c I get that error message. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I have to do to make it work. Do I just put the files from the FBI onto the root of my SD card or do I have to put them in different folders?
Um, instead of bumping a thread that's almost a year old, you should instead make a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.