I was downgrading my N3DS and I got a black 'please power down the system screen'. It boots without the SD Card in but if it's in it fails. should I re-run the playsysupdater for 9.2?
Try it again? I've done a lot of a9lh installations on o3DS XLs, and I've found the software was seriously buggy as heck on an N3DS. I got the same issue, but I had to run it 3 times before it started. Also, OTP helper had the same issue.
okay, when I'm trying to run it now it's freezing on hax init instead of going on. I rebooted it after waiting a minute and got the the same point but it's freezing again.
Try it again? I've done a lot of a9lh installations on o3DS XLs, and I've found the software was seriously buggy as heck on an N3DS. I got the same issue, but I had to run it 3 times before it started. Also, OTP helper had the same issue.
Did you have menuhax before the downgrade? If so that is your problem. Your menuhax payload is for whatever firmware version you started on. Now that you are on 9.2 it tries to load, but obviously won't work. Boot the system without the sd card in, then insert the sd card, then get into homebrew through the entry point of your choice and re-install menuhax. It will download and install the 9.2 payload. You can remove the old one from your sd card if you wish.
If menuhax isn't the problem, let me know and ill try my best to help you out. Im guessing this is the problem though.
The "please power the system down" message during the downgrade is scary though. You may want to run a downgrade checker to see if any titles were not downgraded properly. If you get any wrong titles from the check, run PlaiSysUpdater again. Keep using that fork of SysUpdater though. PlaiSysUpdater is EASILY the safest at this point. I would not suggest SafeSysUpdater, LOTS of franken-firmwares from that one.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, XBOX has launched pre-orders for the XBOX 25th Anniversary Collection. For the occasion, the trailer below was aired.
This...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...