OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody

I got a file called SuperMarioGalaxy.iso

Don't ask me how, we'll just assume it's a legal backup. It's around 4.37 GB I didn't patch it or nothing

I burned it to a DVD+RW (don't tell me this is the problem cuz it works) with ImgBurn then popped it into the Wii and loaded Backup Channel thingy and I got error 324 Disk Read Error.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
n00b needs to search before he gets flamed by the likes of djdynamite and others

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Beatchu said:
n00b needs to search before he gets flamed by the likes of djdynamite and others

killitwithfirealienspo7.jpg

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't listen well to other so here goes:
STOP USING RW DISCS!!!!!

Yes they can work in the wii, however they are very unstable for wii use as the wii was never designed to read them. The backup loaders are running off of custom code that has enough trouble reading regular dvd's, a feature nintendo did not include in the Wii. You can ask for help all you want but until you try a -R disc no one is going to help you, especially when you say you know +RW works.. There is a very good reason everyone on the forums says to use -r discs. The drives in the wii vary greatly even in the same production month. Some drives do like +R others refuse to even recognize the discs. Nintendo had to repair thousands upon thousands of wii's when SSBB was released because the drives have trouble handling dual layer discs. As long as you are using media known to have problems no one can help you as that IS the most likely cause, and the first thing to check off in troubleshooting. If you are still having the error after trying a -r then do some reading as the others suggested, there are hundreds of topics on error 324, 95% of which were solved by switching to good -r media. the other 5% were bad installs of the CIOS. And again never ask for help here and say don't tell me it is X, because then you are asking to either be flamed or ignored utterly and marked as a moron, which means that once you've taken the time to learn, you will be ignored due to past ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1