Hacking n00b needs help with burning and loading ISOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy Crayons

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
5
Trophies
0
XP
65
Country
United States
Hey everybody

I got a file called SuperMarioGalaxy.iso

Don't ask me how, we'll just assume it's a legal backup. It's around 4.37 GB I didn't patch it or nothing

I burned it to a DVD+RW (don't tell me this is the problem cuz it works) with ImgBurn then popped it into the Wii and loaded Backup Channel thingy and I got error 324 Disk Read Error.

How do I fix this?

Thanks
 

Beatchu

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
347
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
UK
XP
49
Country
n00b needs to search before he gets flamed by the likes of djdynamite and others
 

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
1,096
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Warwick, Rhode Island
Website
Visit site
XP
143
Country
United States
Beatchu said:
n00b needs to search before he gets flamed by the likes of djdynamite and others

killitwithfirealienspo7.jpg
 

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,387
Trophies
1
Location
Md,US
Website
Visit site
XP
95
Country
United States
I don't listen well to other so here goes:
STOP USING RW DISCS!!!!!

Yes they can work in the wii, however they are very unstable for wii use as the wii was never designed to read them. The backup loaders are running off of custom code that has enough trouble reading regular dvd's, a feature nintendo did not include in the Wii. You can ask for help all you want but until you try a -R disc no one is going to help you, especially when you say you know +RW works.. There is a very good reason everyone on the forums says to use -r discs. The drives in the wii vary greatly even in the same production month. Some drives do like +R others refuse to even recognize the discs. Nintendo had to repair thousands upon thousands of wii's when SSBB was released because the drives have trouble handling dual layer discs. As long as you are using media known to have problems no one can help you as that IS the most likely cause, and the first thing to check off in troubleshooting. If you are still having the error after trying a -r then do some reading as the others suggested, there are hundreds of topics on error 324, 95% of which were solved by switching to good -r media. the other 5% were bad installs of the CIOS. And again never ask for help here and say don't tell me it is X, because then you are asking to either be flamed or ignored utterly and marked as a moron, which means that once you've taken the time to learn, you will be ignored due to past ignorance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who watch what?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo daddy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I will better ask...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you figure out how to FTP to your stick? Or put a zip app on it?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I put a zip app
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i will ask ...
    cvrnb.jpg
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    wait what the hell did i just-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol the yuzu lawsuit thread blew up in like 2 hours
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just a sale on uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The 2.4mill was to cover my date with urewife
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know, that biatch is high maintaince
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm basically her free 2nd husband by now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nintendy is being shitty tho, shutting down Emulators, 2nd one shut down this year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean piracy aside it does affect console sales
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll just buy the steam switch and play Mario on that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People don't get the cooperate side of it and the rights they actually have they just want to whine about not being able to play Pokémon on windows
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hopefully Nintendo will use that 2mill for a better console so we can have even a nicer emulator next gen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I currently have a MPC Touch, but I really want to get the new MPC One+, looks dope, its a stand alone on Lipo battery, with Speakers- Only $800
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not spending no $200 on one lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whooh, we was wondering where you went.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you get to play Metal Gear on your stick?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Did you get to play Metal Gear on your stick?