n-gage/s60 emulator for any platform

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by masterz87, May 23, 2014.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    preferrably for the psp, gcw-zero/dingoo etc where it's more likely to actually work since there's a few games that I'd like to play on it and have never gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Also even a simulator might be OK for it since all of the games are written in java so you'd not have to truly emulate it all since nokia was able to run it on the symbian phones, so I hope that it's somewhat possible since I seriously doubt that the games had direct hardware access and since they had only 3.6MB of total ram to use, that barrier should be perfectly AOK.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The only emulators of the N-Gage that I know of are for PC, I'm afraid - the consolephone wasn't exactly popular and the fanbase is quite small so there's just no demand for such a thing.

3. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The only game I'd want to play from N-Gage would be Sonic N and maybe Asphalt but they're both available on GBA/DS.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Sonic N is just Sonic Advance with a clipped screen, Asphalt on the other hand is miles better on the N-Gage because the system had way superior specs. There's a lot of hidden gems in the library - Warhammer 40K: Glory in Death is fantastic, so are the Pathway to Glory games. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is an all-time classic and it was fun to play it on the go. There's also Crash Nitro Kart, SSX Out of Bounds, System Rush, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and more, not to mention all the homebrew. I quite enjoyed my N-Gage back in the day, my only gripe with it was the portrait screen orientation.

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    well that's sad to hear, I know they're all just java probably java ME but with special button settings i'll probably never do it then since I don't feel like dealing with it on my computer screen itself as I'm lazy.