N-CDN-GUI - zenity GUI

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ev1l0rd, May 4, 2016.

1. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Latest release: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/N-CDN-GUI/releases/latest

Python2 and zenity are required for this to work.

It's a nice little GUI for FunKeyCIA. I wrote it in zenity, which means that it is linux-only (might work on Mac, but you need zenity installed on that as well).

This program does not have the nfshost feature that FunKeyCIA has yet. It will be added soon™)

If you run into issues with the GUI, report them on GitHub (if you run in issues with FunKeyCIA, report them on the FunKeyCIA repo instead.)

Stuff left to do:
    • Write GUI in dialog for cross-platform compatability.
    • Currently the menus are too small. Need to find a good size and set it in the zenity command.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, May 4, 2016
  2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    but for your own backups, use FunkyCIA not FunKeyCIA... use it with your ticket.db... this has been here since the start of 2015 i think
    if you want a gui use CDN-FX (new name for GroovyCIA)
    what does this do new? plus linux only is a bit strange.
    anyway, funny to see how many tools my tools inspired :D ...

simply using Decrypt9 is enough to dump the keys though... no reason to use placdn.

Last edited by cearp, May 4, 2016
    ihaveamac likes this.
  3. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    ...I wasn't aware CDN-FX existed. Oh well. I will leave it up here in case anyone wants to use it. It's UI is much more minimalist and doesn't require Java (only zenity which is installed on most distro's by default + python2 to make FunKeyCIA work.)

EDIT: Also, CDN-FX just hangs on my PC.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, May 4, 2016
  4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i mean it's good there is choice... but there is so much choice, i think too much, it's confusing for people i think.
    plus some weird information and recommendations.

FunkyCIA
    is exactly for your own backups, ideally we could use the personal cias it can create and have truly legit cias from our games, but those just don't install...

FunKeyCIA on the other hand is arguably for piracy, i made it only because people were using placdn and thinking it was something new and good, which it wasn't new and wasn't good.

ihaveamac likes this.
  5. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Maybe I can add FunkyCIAs functionality to my GUI. That would be a solution (and I could then add the nfshost functionality as well to the FunKeyCIA part).

6. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Sorry for double posting, but I have a 1.1 release. It's on GitHub.

Changelog:
    • Added FunkyCIA capabilties to script. Note that tickets.db must be in the same folder you run `gtkgui` in
    • Renamed tool to N-CDN-GUI.
    • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

cearp likes this.
  7. Ptrk25

Ptrk25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 6, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Good to have a GUI for linux, I know there is an issue with cdn-fx on linux (needs openjfx too).
    I'm also not working on cdn-fx anymore, so I think n-cdn-gui is good for linux users.

cearp and Ev1l0rd like this.