paul1991returns

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, visit my blog: n-card-2.blogspot.com to read updates. And click a few ads while you are there. You dont have to donate, just click your heart out.

inferleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well these days no one really cares about those flashcarts.
It's best if you buy a flashcart that is high quality and is frequently updated like the Acekard 2 and the Cyclo DS.
yaynds.gif

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As a matter of fact, I _do_ care. I've been considering getting an N-Card clone, if only for historic reasons (I should've never sold my wife's F-Card..). Now it turns out that the N-Cards clean mode enabled it to run Might & Magic without any patches for example.

paul1991, if you're still reading this, have you received your N-Card II yet? Is it an N-Card clone running xmenu or a DSTT with build-in memory?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
inferleon said:
Well these days no one really cares about those flashcarts.
It's best if you buy a flashcart that is high quality and is frequently updated like the Acekard 2 and the Cyclo DS.
yaynds.gif

The N-card is a very stable card and it was the cheapest card around that actually did what people wanted at the time! I remember a few months back they where rolling out updates before any other team,The card is perfect if you just want to play roms.

I remember you paul, sad to see you got banned.

paul1991returns

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got it in tHe mail. It does indeed use the xmenu.dat. However, it also has all of the files required to run a TTDS. I suppose it uses the xmenu for internal memory commands and the ttds files run the menu. I have not yet used the cart.

I will play around with the software and post more later. First impressions tell me this is not a clone.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats bad news. I'm sorry to hear it. I was thinking about getting one of these too so thanks for posting your findings. I got a cloned EFA II linker from DX. At least that was a decent card and the price wasn't bad.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
paul1991returns said:
Just wanted to give you all another update.
The NC2 is proving to be a real headache. You see, the DSTT firmware is not compatible with the NC2 and vise versa. I'm lucky I got a copy off of ncard2.com before it went down.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out which parts of the firmware are not compatible. It looks as though the TTmenu folders are identical, so the changes must be in the TTMENU.SYS and TTMENU.DAT. I am not sure whether XDMENU(NC2) is the same as TTMENU(TTDS).

As it is, loading ROMS on the NC2 is VERY slow. They run fine, but boot slowly. I'll try updating infolib. So, I'm just copying and pasting and looking through files with a hex editor. Good thing I cracked it open. The USB drivers on the card or not compatible with linux. I have to manually remove the card to hook it up to my computer. So it goes.

That's what you get for a (now) crap card.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The normal N-Cards&Clones still are a fine choice for playing roms, but it is almost unusable for homebrewing...

All (chism and so on) loaders fail to run a DLDI-using homebrew :| just the ncard one works. The DLDI driver is buggy/slow (I know that it is slow, but it is REALY slow or even completly fails) and the N-Card loader fails to load efs homebrew bigger than 4mb in size...

--

This 'clone' bastard is is just another try to get some money by hoping some ppl arn't reading reviews before buying
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM