N-card possibly bricked...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by pdx, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009

N-card possibly bricked... by pdx at 2:47 PM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. pdx
    OP

Newcomer pdx Newbie

United Kingdom
    I formatted my n-card using OS X's disk utility (yes I know...) then I put the new n-card software from the website on. nothing works on the card now, and when I enter USB mode it doesn't register on my Mac. I've tried to get into the quick format mode, but it doesn't work. I can get into USB safe mode, but I have no idea what that is.

Any help would be appreciated,

thx

2. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
    STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
    STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
    Or just dont put them on period.
    STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...
    STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

3. pdx
    OP

Newcomer pdx Newbie

United Kingdom
    i've just realised.. it's not an n-card but an ncard, i.e. not micro sd

4. Apache Thunder

Member Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Yes. N-Cards and clones all have non-removable memory. Most models had a Slot-2 USB device that connected the DS to the PC. Some newer clones Like perhaps the Ultra N-Card and certain versions of the F-Card clone had a fancy USB device that allowed you to connect the cart directly to the PC/Mac (not to be confused with he "Fire Card" which is a clone as well but doesn't have the USB writer)

Looks like you simply just screwed up the file system for the cart. So this means in it's current state it won't work on the Mac. Since I assume you backed up your games and such prior to formatting it with the Mac (which is a BIG NO NO for N-Card and clones!) I can tell you how to do the proper format procedure. NEVER use a PC or Mac to format it! I recall that the Panasonic SD Formatter with the adjust size option turned on was the only app that could do it correctly, but it's not a Mac app....

So in order to fix this simply hold down the following buttons during bootup (try to do this after you pass the Nintendo logo screen and before the N-Card comes up. If your menu is set not to boot it auto, then then hold down the button combinatin AFTER you start it in the MENU of the ds but BEFORE anything shows afterwords!)

A + B + L + R + D-PAD DOWN

Once done it's formatted correctly. Now your mac should recognize it again and you can put your games and such back on it. Just remember never to format it with your Mac again!