Homebrew MyWorld?

posem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would something like this be possible?

such as on the bottom screen of a ds you have a drawing tool (or editing tool if u click on something rpeviously drawn), and then u can animate it and it does whatever on the top screen, and as ur whatever expands u can move around it using the d-pad to view it

certain things will be built into it as standard such as people? buildings? whatever?

so basically you draw and create your own world...

this might be extremly complex as it has to be programmed that whatever a person draws, moves.

i have no expereince in C at all. or anything else for that matter. c, palib etc..

so if anyone likes the sound of it???

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The closest that comes near this idea is Drawn to life. And I even think it looks pretty crappy. So if a commercial game can barely do it in 2D, I really don't expect it to be possible in 3D at all. Atleast not on the DS.

posem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
never said anything about 3D

i was thinkig more along the lines of it just being a white canvas which u can draw on, its mainly the colour black, but more can be unlocked or used?

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you're thinking of a 2d AC clone where you can draw everything. This is sort of possible, although it'd take a long time to code, and I don't know if the DS's hardware can handle this.
It certainly can't handle this in 3d.

Jeremysr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
viewsourcecode.org
XP
Country
Canada
I think he means a program where you would, for example, draw a stickman, and the stickman would start walking around on the top screen, then draw a chair, and the stickman will walk over to the chair and sit on it, then draw a dinosaur and it'll eat the stickman and smash the chair, etc.

It would have to recognize what type of object you're drawing (like handwriting recognition), then it would probably convert your drawing into a bunch of lines connected at certain points, depending on what type of object it is. And then there would have to be all sorts of rules of how each object behaves and moves and interacts with other objects...

I think the DS could handle it, but it would be extremely difficult to program well. It's a good idea though, and would be fun to play around with.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jeremysr said:
I think he means a program where you would, for example, draw a stickman, and the stickman would start walking around on the top screen, then draw a chair, and the stickman will walk over to the chair and sit on it, then draw a dinosaur and it'll eat the stickman and smash the chair, etc.

It would have to recognize what type of object you're drawing (like handwriting recognition), then it would probably convert your drawing into a bunch of lines connected at certain points, depending on what type of object it is. And then there would have to be all sorts of rules of how each object behaves and moves and interacts with other objects...

I think the DS could handle it, but it would be extremely difficult to program well. It's a good idea though, and would be fun to play around with.

Ahhh i seee. i thought he was talking about something like Sims. Sorry for the confusion.

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeremysr said:

Oh, that's what he wants... thanks for clearing things up.
Yeah, you probably won't be seeing that for a while, especially if you're expecting it from a homebrew community.

posem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i only asked if it is possible. if u bother to read it properly i never asked anyone to make it
lecture.gif

anyway, taking up that kind of tone is rather rude
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill