Myth Busting

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GeekyGuy, Jan 15, 2011.

Jan 15, 2011

Myth Busting by GeekyGuy at 6:50 PM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    All right...

I'm a Black Ops fanatic, and recently the boards on GameFAQs are plagued by threads regarding hacking. As a Temper, I try to keep up with homebrew news, but honestly, I don't personally have a vested interested in the PS3 being hacked. As a PS3 owner who games competitively on the system, however, I'm very concerned about cheating in games. Some folks claim Modern Warfare 2 on PS3 has long been hacked. How is this possible, and what is the current state of cheating on PS3 in light of the master key being published on the interwebs?
  2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Cheating on the PS3 hasn't been all that rampant, even after the recent breakthrough. We can expect to see some homebrew begin to pop up to take advantage of the leaked keys and enable wide-spread cheating if Sony doesn't patch it quick (though it's unlikely they'll be able to patch it).

Cheating before the PS3's leakage was likely by a hacker with a PS3 Jailbreak dongle of some sorts, or with a cheat device that was able to be plugged into the PS3's USB slots.