Mystery Code in Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Sora de Eclaune, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    Someone sent me a link to a page asking what a strange code in Paper Mario: Sticker Star was used for. Here's what I could find about this code:
    • The code is XD3R-B8HH-9ZR2-FL16.
    • It is found in World 5-1 (Shy Guy Jungle), in the trash heap.
    • The code is the same every time, in every single copy of the game.
    • When you find it, Mario reacts to it in the same way he would react to any useless piece of trash you can find in the trash heap.
    • It is not used within the game itself.
    • It resembles a serial key for a game or application.
    • The code has been confirmed to not work on Steam, Club Nintendo, Wii U eShop, Wii Shop Channel, or 3DS eShop.
    Someone here appeared to have been investigating this code and another of the strange messages found in the trash heap, but nothing has been found since January.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on whether or not anyone has contacted Nintendo to ask about the code. I also couldn't find anything on whether or not anyone has tried the code in Desura or Origin. These could be a couple of things to try, but they may just lead to dead ends.

If anyone has any information, do tell! Many people on the Internet may thank you for your contribution!

2. Mariosegafreak

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    After googling far and wide, I haven't found anything about it. I think it might have been something earlier in development but was scrapped. It doesn't work for anything.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    That probably would've been more the case for the note that read "||||| ||||| ||||| |||", rather than a string of numbers and letters that resemble a serial key, though.

4. Celebrimbor360

Celebrimbor360 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2014
    United States
    This piqued my interest. Wish someone has the answer...

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I think it's just a random useless code. Maybe they will use it in a sequel, if you're lucky.