Hacking MyMenuify

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Use dop-mii or multi-mod manager and install the original menu. It's easy to follow and quite safe.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
tj_cool said:
Either that or get the App file for your system menu and install that with MyMenuify.

This way you don't have to re-install preloader/priiloader, I think. Wasn't this question answered in another thread you opened?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to jump in on this thread but it seemed better to ask in this thread than create a new one.

If you have a virgin Wii that has only the HBC installed and nothing else will MyMenuify work?

I understand you should have BootMii, PriiLoader and a NAND Backup for Brick protection but I am asking about whether any special IOS or cIOS files are needed etc OR can you simply installed a theme - like the DarkWii_Red_4.3E.csm on your 4.3E Wii with HBC only

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MyMenuify will work with just hbc but best to have bootmii and back up nand in case you fuck up the theme
tongue.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I can only have BootMii as an IOS.... I have read many reports that this does not really help too much in the case of a brick.... Though I can still do a NAND backup easily enough.

What are the chances of bricking is using a known, tried and tested theme like: DarkWii_Red_4.3E.csm - the one downloaded via ModMii?

(They say you should not install channels without brick protection but if from a known and tried and tested source then there is little to worry about, Is this the same or is there still a higher chance to brick from just trying this using the exact theme I mentioned?)

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
the chance of bricking with the dark wii red theme in modmii is less than 1%
that theme must be on 100s of wiis around the world and ive not seen anyone one say it bricked

Daniel15

Newcomer
Trophies
Palo Alto, CA (originally Melbourne, Australia)
Website
d.sb
XP
Country
United States
Fun_Zephyr said:
What are the chances of bricking is using a known, tried and tested theme like: DarkWii_Red_4.3E.csm - the one downloaded via ModMii?
I bricked my Wii (a 4.3E) when I tried to install that theme. After installing it, I kept getting a "The system files are corrupted" error when I turned my Wii on. Priiloader and DOP-Wii saved me. Make sure you have both of those installed. If it does brick your Wii, reinstalling the system menu using DOP-Wii should fix it.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also fix it by applying the default .app file for your menu/region with mymenuify, then you wouldn't lose priiloader, and there would be no chance of bricking.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies.

For safety reasons I should:

1. Create a NAND Backup
2. Have a Forwarder Channel installed
- So I can launch mymenuify and install the default.app file for my region in case of an issue
3. Install PriiLoader

With the above setup I assume I can get my system menu back should I have an issue with a mymenuify somehow corrupting my System Menu...? WIll PriiLoader I should be able to get mymenuify started correct? If I can start mymenuify - then I can install the default.app for my regions system menu correct?

4. Never used DOP-Wii - will have to investigate. I have only planed to use Mod-Mii if I was to mod my Wii.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fun_Zephyr said:
Thanks for all the replies.

For safety reasons I should:

1. Create a NAND Backup
2. Have a Forwarder Channel installed
- So I can launch mymenuify and install the default.app file for my region in case of an issue
3. Install PriiLoader

With the above setup I assume I can get my system menu back should I have an issue with a mymenuify somehow corrupting my System Menu...? WIll PriiLoader I should be able to get mymenuify started correct? If I can start mymenuify - then I can install the default.app for my regions system menu correct?

4. Never used DOP-Wii - will have to investigate. I have only planed to use Mod-Mii if I was to mod my Wii.
With priiloader you can load the homebrew channel (or a dol file) even if the system menu is corrupt. So yes, you can use priiloader to get back in to mymenuify and install the default app.

DOP-Mii is an app to install/remove IOSs, the Wii Menu, and other wii channels. Please be careful if you use this. If you reinstall the system menu you will lose priiloader, which is your only brick protection.

And, last but definitely not least, always make sure you have a NAND backup, as it could be the one thing that saves your Wii from becoming an over-sized paperweight.

Daniel15

Newcomer
Trophies
Palo Alto, CA (originally Melbourne, Australia)
Website
d.sb
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
With priiloader you can load the homebrew channel (or a dol file) even if the system menu is corrupt.
Starting the Homebrew Channel via Priiloader didn't work for me for some reason - It said "Error launching HBC" or something like that. I had to reinstall the Homebrew channel using the boot.elf, which started it after installation. Then I loaded Dop-Mii and reinstalled the System Menu, then reinstalled Priiloader before rebooting my Wii again.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Daniel15 said:
QUOTE said:
With priiloader you can load the homebrew channel (or a dol file) even if the system menu is corrupt.
Starting the Homebrew Channel via Priiloader didn't work for me for some reason - It said "Error launching HBC" or something like that. I had to reinstall the Homebrew channel using the boot.elf, which started it after installation. Then I loaded Dop-Mii and reinstalled the System Menu, then reinstalled Priiloader before rebooting my Wii again.
you can just load a dol file from priiloader you know (like the mymenuify dol). Also, the error was probably because you were using an older priiloader with a newer HBC

Anonymodude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You do realize that you didn't have to reinstall the HBC?

You can also do this:

1. Start Priiloader by holding RESET on boot.
2. Click 'Launch Title'
3. Choose the option that says 'Homebrew Channel'. In brackets, a '(....)' is likely if you have an older version of Priiloader.
4. You are now in the Homebrew Channel.
yaywii.gif

Cool, huh? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill