iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, after many weeks of pondering, I finally ordered my Xbox 360 Premium, from this amazing deal! I apologise about my lack of gbatemp downtime (WTF, R4 1.09?!!) but here's my story for those who can be bothered:

It arrived on monday and wow... when the door bell rang, everyone who was in our house ran to the door... that's 5 guys.

Opened it up... can't actually believe how amazing this thing is. The console looks superb, the wireless controller is an art form... at this point, we're all screaming. Hooked it up to power, AV, ethernet.

So first thing, the xbox wants us to create an account... so off I pop... unfortunately iamwhoiam is taken, so individual6891 it is (prize to anyone who can guess why the sequence of numbers, it's not rocket science). So feel free to add my gamertag. During this time, entering details with the wireless controller became a bother... so i hooked up a wireless USB keyboard to the thing and was amazed that within seconds, the thing worked like a treat!

What's the first thing we want to do? Boot up crackdown, download halo 3... off it chunders. Halo 3 superb... 3 hours gone. Now since halo3 doesn't have split screen, we'd thought we'd boot up Gears of War. Now I can't be bothered to explain the feelings of it but in one short snappy phrase: best fucking game i've ever played on a console, ever. This game is an orgy of graphical excellence. The gameplay is clever, and superbly crafted. Split screen is a complete carnage! Fuck halo3, hello GoW. 5 hours burnt up. Later on we hook GoW to XBLive, and wow.. people play this game far too often! Anyways, immense. 4am.

Xbox live: Is astounding (nintendo take note). My xbox tells me that a few of my MSN contacts are on live... off it goes to add them as friends. Updates download like a breeze, the netcode is excellent for most games. Interface can't be beaten. This thing really does deserve £40/yr. If PS3 can pull this off for free, i'll eat my big toe.

So all in all... Xbox 360 is an absolute beast of a machine, lets just hope developers stick to producing these top games for it. Go add my gamertag: individual6891

Now to find some time for revising a medics exam
unsure.gif

/rant
wub.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Added you, and you can get Xbox Live a bit cheaper on eBay. Last year I paid £23 for a year.

Wow, cheers for the tip. How can they sell it at that price? Are they american code? (which is $50 a year)

are you going to flash your console?
also make sure you check this topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=51432

Surprisingly, I have a samsung drive (ms28)... but I checked http://360drives.com/list and someone does match my machine (lot 0645, FDOU). Alas, I'm not going to flash it even though C4Eva is releasing an "updated unbannable firmware"... but how does he know it'll be unbannable? Maybe I'll give it until end of the summer to see what's going on, but for now I'm happy with everything
smile.gif

Haha costello, check who created that topic in the first place
wink.gif
[was preparing for it!]

Costelloedit: oh wait, YOU created this topicÂ
laugh.gif

edit: Teehee

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:'( Who wants to start the "Get shaunj66 a 360" donation fund? Costello is going back to France soon and taking the 360 with him (fair enough).

360 is a great console, not that I've gotten into as many of the games as I'd like but it does seem to be the logical choice over a PS3 in every aspect. And the support and amount of games coming out for it are staggering.

Oh and the number is your date of birth in reverse?
tongue.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure where the codes come from, I would guess they are from a wholesaler. I can't remember if the US codes work, I know the US points dont' work on a Euro console.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds great I want one you can really see how nice it looks on a hd tv as well!

Live does make the 360

Note: Be very careful buying 360s now some of them are banned due to the dvd firmware hack being detected by m$.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
Costello is going back to France soon and taking the 360 with him (fair enough).

Ah ! Costello you didn't tell my you were coming back. We definitely have to see each other with the perve... Toma !
wink.gif

Sorry Shaunj66 if I didn't quote entirely your post
laugh.gif
. Oh, and for the donation, you can come with Costello to France. He knows places to earn money like Pigalles or Bois de Boulogne .

wink.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indeed 360 is really tops!

People don't really understand how tight XboxLIVE is until they play it for themselves. Being able to just log on and check out what all your mates are playing/doing is awesome.

People with 360's feel free to send me friend invites but be warned I'm an Aussie so if you are overseas our connection may not be the greatest!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: