my wii wont turn on

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by perrym68, May 13, 2015.

1. perrym68
    OP

perrym68 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2015
    Canada
    hi guys! so heres my story, I had 2 wii's one wasnt working, when i turned it on its screen would go black. the other, worked fine, so the wii that worked i came to the realization that it doesnt have the gamecube slots as its the blue console, and my red wii does, so i took them both apart, unscrewed everything, and when i realized i had to using a soddering iron, I gave up on the idea, I know stupid not to realize it in first place, but the situation now, when i turn my wii on, it goes to a black screen, i know it turns on because the cd drive makes the noise it usually does on boot up, I cant figure out whats going on! any help will be appreciated thanks in advanced im curious, i have reassembled the wii many many many times,,, switching parts between the red and blue console, and nothing works.. i can hear the cd drive boot up, and the power turns on but black screen...
    I also have to ask, the screws? do they magnetize in way that if i didnt use all the screws they would cause it not to work??? because I havent been using any screws as i mixed them up, (but have seen a tutorial of what each screw is) but i dont use them as i find i probably will have to make changes,
    the fan turns on the cd drive goes blue it all looks good but no picture.. I was recommended to look here for solutions thanks again!

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Make sure the Bluetooth and Wifi modules are seated correctly. Wiis won't boot at all if those boards aren't working.