OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii won't read games anymore.
frown.gif
What happened? I played Super Mario Sunshine, I turned the wii off, I went on my computer for a while, I went to play it again, and now it won't read disks anymore. It makes an odd sound (CLICKclickCLICKclickCleeock) and than says the disk can not be read. The disk is store baught, and it won't read anything.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
if your hearing that sound and have the wii for quite some time, like a year or so and always using it to play games on disc channel....yes your laser is busted/weak

you can send it to nintendo if you got no homebrews

NeonTogepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happydance said:
if your hearing that sound and have the wii for quite some time, like a year or so and always using it to play games on disc channel....yes your laser is busted/weak

you can send it to nintendo if you got no homebrews
....I got homebrews. Also, wii's warranty is a year, less than the 360's rrod iirc. So it already expired. So the homebrew part doesn't matter.
frown.gif

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interested to know, if you play your Wii for on average 2 hours a day, how long will the lens last? I'm always reading threads about the Wii lens' crapping out so was wondering.
unsure.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
get wode modchip and you can play gc backups and wii backups off your hard drive

Why does he need the chip for that. Softmods have made that feature not so exclusive minus the GC backups

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendos so called warranty suks now days.
I would virginise the wii and take it back to your place of purchase.
And ask nicely about there obligations to repair the wii.
If its under 2 years old
For the price we pay for these consoles warranties should last 3 years
or at least be free of defects like drives and bluetooth failure for that term
You get a 5 year warranty with some Usb sticks and they cost less than $40

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mp2609 said:
I'm interested to know, if you play your Wii for on average 2 hours a day, how long will the lens last? I'm always reading threads about the Wii lens' crapping out so was wondering.
unsure.gif
Laser diodes are the lenses in the wii.
At an average of 2 hours a day , assuming the diodes in the lens are pure , the lens will last you about 144 years according to manufacturers.
The list expected lifetimes for laser diodes is exceeding 100,000 hours - over 12 years of continuous operation.
Of course no lens is perfectly pure and all have blemishes and flaws and this leads to the issues we see with drives failing.

It has very little to do with the read times and more to do with the quality of the lens in the drive you happen to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.