My Wii just got bricked :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Comedor, Aug 27, 2008.

Aug 27, 2008

My Wii just got bricked :( by Comedor at 2:24 AM (1,171 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Comedor
    OP

Member Comedor GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Today I turned my console on, pushed the A button to pass the notice of health and warnings, and then the screen went BLACK out of nowhere! It doesn't even show the home menu! [​IMG]

Like I said, it came like a surprise, I did not put any poor midia, roms, or updates from internet!

I'm a D2Ckey user, some friends are telling me to format the memory of the Wii, but I don't think that is a way to do it, without the menu settings, right? Also, I don't think it will solve my problem.

I'm REALLY waiting for some help/advices people, just imagine my situation! [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hm... I'm pretty sure it's impossible for it to "just brick" out of the blue. Something must have gone wrong. As dumb as it sounds, are all the plugs in correctly? Is everything functioning normally?

Either way, I'm almost positive that as long as you have some sort of modchip installed, you can unbrick your Wii. Best of luck :\

3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe you could try checking the power supply first.

4. Comedor
    OP

Member Comedor GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, some guys are telling me it didn't bricked, but there's something going on, for sure =(

Some are even telling me about a thing named "BRICK BANNER", caused by some injected-games. Solutions? I'll try anything!

Anyway, when you (Warcueid) say "unbrick", you're telling me that:

1- I can fix the very same chip and console.

2- Got another chip, then everything goes shine again!

3- Or... remove the chip, and play just original games?

Thanks for all the help guys!

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I'm no expert at this, I'm just recollecting my facts from what I've read, but I believe that you can use something called an "Auto boot Unbricker" I'm guessing that it's an unbricker that when you put the DVD in, it will automatically boot without the necessity to go into the menu, and then will unbrick your console if it's bricked as you say.

First of all, you should find out for sure what is the problem going on with your Wii. Just check all your connections and such.

6. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah, if you have a Modchip (which you do) you can get the autoboot unbricker thing I don't know where you can download it though.

7. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If the answer to all three is no, then there is no current method to fix it. This is assuming that you actually do have a banner brick.