Gaming My Wii drive going south on me?

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here lately, I noticed an odd problem with my Wii. Let's say the Wii is at the main menu. I pop in my DL backup of SSBB and the Wii will access the drive (normal sound) and right before it's suppose to pop the game icon up in the top left channel, the drive resets itself and then the 2nd time around it works fine. Never had this problem before with my SSBB backup. At first, I thought it was the disc but it does it on all of my backups. I have made no changes to the Wii other than moving it. I do have a WiiKey soldered in but I seriously doubt the mod chip came loose since I can still access my backups just fine.

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Maybe the lens on your Wii's dvd drive needs to be cleaned. Dirt and dust can build up on it.

I don't think I can use one of those 'DVD lens cleaners' as it has a warning against using it in consoles. Think some compressed air will do the trick or should I take the Wii apart and bust out the Q-tips to clean the lens?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Taking it apart would probably be the best way of cleaning it. I'd only do it if I was confident doing that.
Nintendo alo released their own cleaning kit to clean the wii dvd lens.

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want a lens cleaning kit I would recommend the Nintendo cleaning kit for Wiis. I used to get a lot of DRE's with SSBB and other games, after using the kit once, I've not had a DRE since.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1