Hardware My Switch Pro Controller just got even Pro-er.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,681
  • Replies 43
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I mean they have the same button layout, but beyond that the Switch controller and Xbox controller don't look identical at all.
The button layout is not the same but the rest do look identical and also feel identical.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The button layout is not the same but the rest do look identical and also feel identical.

Yeah its the same, you have the analogue sticks in the same place, 4 face buttons (note that I mean the placement above the right analogue stick, not where ABXY are) in the same place, and the equivalent of "start and select" buttons in the same place. The triggers of course are in the same place. But that's where the similarities really end.

I mean look at these,
5748618_sd.jpg;maxHeight=320;maxWidth=642

41f17cph6KL.jpg

Similar sure, but far from identical, the Switch has the extra screenshot button, the face buttons of the Switch are bigger, the triggers look different from the side.

Last edited by duffmmann,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Yeah its the same, you have the analogue sticks in the same place, 4 face buttons (note that I mean the placement above the right analogue stick, not where ABXY are) in the same place, and the equivalent of "start and select" buttons in the same place. The triggers of course are in the same place. But that's where the similarities really end.

I mean look at these,
5748618_sd.jpg;maxHeight=320;maxWidth=642

41f17cph6KL.jpg

Similar sure, but far from identical, the Switch has the extra screenshot button, the face buttons of the Switch are bigger, the triggers look different from the side.
Why do you persist that they're the same? They are not. Xbox is A, B, X, Y and Nintendo is B, A, Y, X.

Here's a comparison of the 360, Switch and GameCube controllers:

image.jpg

Besides the slightly different button layout, much better d-pad and digital triggers they're identical. That image of the Xbox One controller shows how much closer the two are to being "Version A" and "Version B."

I had the 360 and GC packed in a box and wow, didn't notice they were that dirty because I usually clean them when I use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq