Hardware My "Steam Machine"

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i hear that in the comments for all of his builds. Where did it originate from?
Crysis was probably most well-known for being super hardware-intensive back when it came out. Eventually the question of whether or not something could run Crysis became a meme. It follows in the spirit of the "But can it run doom?" meme.

D

Deleted User

Holy shit I have that exact same CPU fan (not using it right now it was in my Television Desktop).

Looks nice

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
looks cool if you are in a tight budget...
but nowadays... mini itx builds are so available, which is a great factor to build steam machines..

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldnt live knowing this fan in the case is not alligned properly :D

Gz on the new beast though o/

1LYtP12.jpg

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't align it due to the way the heatsink is designed (screws in the way) so it has to sit offset and screws into metal slots next to the mounting screws

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice, do you it also use for playing media?

While everyone is spec-wanking I'll answer your question lol. Originally I was going to dual boot Android and Windows 10 then that became a pain in the ass. Afterwards I was going to settle with an Android emulator. -then I found out that NONE of them have decent controller support. Don't fall for the advertisement BS. By "controller support", these emulators mean: mapping the controller buttons to touch buttons. No thanks! Now I use my Fire TV to stream media and my PC mostly for non Android and Nintendo gaming. Occasionally I'll use KODI on my PC if I find the occasional ecchi video I want to download for keeps but that's all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a low-end pc, but as long as you're happy playing the games you like and run it at decent fps there's nothing wrong. Sure i would've choosen the 750 ti over 730 or now the amd rx 260.

Games at 720p with High to Max settings makes me happy. Actually It's kinda like playing Switch games. We know that if that system ever gets AAA ports they will all be low poly/high texture @ lower resolution lol

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While everyone is spec-wanking I'll answer your question lol. Originally I was going to dual boot Android and Windows 10 then that became a pain in the ass. Afterwards I was going to settle with an Android emulator. -then I found out that NONE of them have decent controller support. Don't fall for the advertisement BS. By "controller support", these emulators mean: mapping the controller buttons to touch buttons. No thanks! Now I use my Fire TV to stream media and my PC mostly for non Android and Nintendo gaming. Occasionally I'll use KODI on my PC if I find the occasional ecchi video I want to download for keeps but that's all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Games at 720p with High to Max settings makes me happy. Actually It's kinda like playing Switch games. We know that if that system ever gets AAA ports they will all be low poly/high texture @ lower resolution lol
if you want a cheap priced amazing cooler, heres a link for you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/302204435954?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Reactions: LightyKD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I screwed up one of my 3pin ports. Luckily its not the one for the main fan but this one is no longer responsive :( Oh well. I did find a molex to 3 pin 4 way converter so that will help (once it arrives). I might even add two more fans to the back vents. I'm pretty proud of this machine. It's not a beast but it was a fun project!

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Ok then, I also use Kodi on my 2 Raspberry Pi's.

Reactions: LightyKD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that I never updated the status of my replacement system board. This board came with a updated bios that fixed the fan noise issue! Additionally I have 7 fans inside and plan to add three more. Luckily the fans are the least of my worries. Now those Mass Effect requirements... Damnit! Lol. I see a lot of people comparing the game to Battlefield 1. I that game plays on my card do I'll wait for someone to bite the bullet first before I make that jump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)