I have created an nyx custom icon by combining two other icons I found in this forum. I have created this one: attached as icon_sysmmc_cfw.bmp
However, it shows just an empty icon: attached as switch_screen.jpg
The icon on the right should be a combination of the two icons on the left.
I created this icon with gimp as RGBA, it has 192x192 px and has the same file size as the working icons (144,1 KiB).
Any ideas, what I did wrong? Or how can I create this Icon correctly?
However, I am not sure, if really saved is as rgba. How can I do this with gimp? I exported it like in the screenshot attached here. Was it correct or should I use another option?
hey sorry to hijack the post but im trying to customize icons that changes to the theme color according to nyx setting as well but im facing issue as only partial object react to the color change and the remaining object is not appearing. I hope someone who had done it before can kindly guide me.
I created a new image using the Krita photo editor with 190 x 190 pixel, mode RGB(Alpha), 300 resolution and depth 32 bit float channel. I make the background opaque(white or black background) and then using 3D Paint, i ripped the 3 desired objects (the nintendo console, the CFW wording and the SYS CFW wording) from another image.bmp and pasted them onto the new image as a new layer then save it as a .bmp. I apply a nyx theme color but out of the 3 objects, only one of them appear and react to the nyx color theme but the other 2 objects was missing.
I hope someone can tell me was i missing something? I also tried ripping the 3 object as 1 image using 3D Paint and also seperate ripped the 3 objects then paste them under 1 active layer but that wouldnt work as well
hey sorry to hijack the post but im trying to customize icons that changes to the theme color according to nyx setting as well but im facing issue as only partial object react to the color change and the remaining object is not appearing. I hope someone who had done it before can kindly guide me.
I created a new image using the Krita photo editor with 190 x 190 pixel, mode RGB(Alpha), 300 resolution and depth 32 bit float channel. I make the background opaque(white or black background) and then using 3D Paint, i ripped the 3 desired objects (the nintendo console, the CFW wording and the SYS CFW wording) from another image.bmp and pasted them onto the new image as a new layer then save it as a .bmp. I apply a nyx theme color but out of the 3 objects, only one of them appear and react to the nyx color theme but the other 2 objects was missing.
I hope someone can tell me was i missing something? I also tried ripping the 3 object as 1 image using 3D Paint and also seperate ripped the 3 objects then paste them under 1 active layer but that wouldnt work as well
The problem I did face was than the NYX's hue color is drawn on the white color of a white "alpha" channel background od a bmp 32bpp file. So almost no image editor handle the format correctly.
Please do not forget the filename should end on "_hue.bmp" in order to NYX recolor the image
Post automatically merged:
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, this is a working BMP in "image" a picture editor showing the transparency:
And when your remove the display of transparency:
So your image editor should be able to handle white alpha channel and be able to save a BMP with that format normally they trend to save the alpha as black background.
on the attached file there are some *.ai (Adobe Illustrator) templates. but I never was able to use Adobe Illustrator to get the correct format, so I did use python PILLOW to convert a PNG to BMP, I lost the code but should be fairly easy.
Post automatically merged:
I found the code:
Python:
# convert a .png image file to a .bmp image file using PIL
import argparse
from PIL import Image
parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument('-i' , '--input' , dest='img_in' , metavar='IMAGE' , help="image name to read" , default='HekateIcon.png')
parser.add_argument('-o' , '--output', dest='img_out' , metavar='IMAGE' , help="image name to save" , default='HekateIcon.bmp')
args = parser.parse_args()
im = Image.open(args.img_in).convert("RGBA")
img = Image.open(args.img_in)
img.save(args.img_out)
So I edited the image on Adobe Illustrator exported as PNG, then using the code converted the PNG to bmp, yes a long path but I can not find a image editor program handling «White Alpha Channel»
Post automatically merged:
I just made the test, and even if the «Alpha background» is black the most recent version of NYX put the correct hue color:
by example, the attached file «sys_cfw_boot_hue.bmp» is shown on Hekate 6.2.1:
The problem I did face was than the NYX's hue color is drawn on the white color of a white "alpha" channel background od a bmp 32bpp file. So almost no image editor handle the format correctly.
So your image editor should be able to handle white alpha channel and be able to save a BMP with that format normally they trend to save the alpha as black background.
on the attached file there are some *.ai (Adobe Illustrator) templates. but I never was able to use Adobe Illustrator to get the correct format, so I did use python PILLOW to convert a PNG to BMP, I lost the code but should be fairly easy.
Post automatically merged:
I found the code:
Python:
# convert a .png image file to a .bmp image file using PIL
import argparse
from PIL import Image
parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument('-i' , '--input' , dest='img_in' , metavar='IMAGE' , help="image name to read" , default='HekateIcon.png')
parser.add_argument('-o' , '--output', dest='img_out' , metavar='IMAGE' , help="image name to save" , default='HekateIcon.bmp')
args = parser.parse_args()
im = Image.open(args.img_in).convert("RGBA")
img = Image.open(args.img_in)
img.save(args.img_out)
So I edited the image on Adobe Illustrator exported as PNG, then using the code converted the PNG to bmp, yes a long path but I can not find a image editor program handling «White Alpha Channel»
Post automatically merged:
I just made the test, and even if the «Alpha background» is black the most recent version of NYX put the correct hue color:
by example, the attached file «sys_cfw_boot_hue.bmp» is shown on Hekate 6.2.1:
bud thanks a big bunch for the writeup !! and also the .bmp file you sent me was what i literally beem trying to make without any success for the past few frustrating days.
I would like to restart all over and align with your explaination so i know what i've been lacking, im still confuse over some parts that you said and i hope i get that unlock with your help further through PM
bud thanks a big bunch for the writeup !! and also the .bmp file you sent me was what i literally beem trying to make without any success for the past few frustrating days.
I would like to restart all over and align with your explaination so i know what i've been lacking, im still confuse over some parts that you said and i hope i get that unlock with your help further through PM
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...