Hacking MY R4I CAN'T PLAY games

ds65

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PLS HELP ME
i downloaded games for r4i alot work but some games like gta chinatown wars and harvest moon wind bazaar doesn't work.
when i put the harvest moon on the r4i and start the game it opens but the screen goes black this also happened on the gta chinatown wars and i already tried to download and download the same game that does'nt play but it still doesn't work
on the r4i pls help me....

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
sounds to me like R4i is incompatible with a lot of games, like the original R4 when the team died off. there's a fix available GTA:CW, just search for the game with patch.

I suggest you buy a card that doesn't suck, like the M3i0.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me that the cart is faulty... it has been said over and over and over again that r4i are just bunch of clonies, there are no more R4 official... On my opinion, instead of buying r4i's and the likes.. i suggest you buy other carts such as those acekard 2i, supercard ds onei, itouch 2i, m3i, dstti etc etc..

I don't know what else to suggest other than try to re-format ur card by panasonic formatter and try other firmwares (perhaps older firmware?)... and also try other games.. and see if they're working or not? if not, perhaps the problem would be the cart itself..

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea the r4I is like the r4 and it's clones...some games like what you said do not work so you will need some AR (Action Replay) cheats for them to work or some games like GTA CW will need a patch, look around Gbatemp.net for some

weaselds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the r4i card or the r4ultrai I have found that sometimes it helps to download a different version european vs us version. my friend had teh same issues with the transformers rotf. he ended up gettting a copy from a different site that actually worked. GL

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
you should be specific like which r4i do you have?
what are the other games you are trying to play? at least harvest moon shouldn't be a problem

can you try format your SD card with panasonic formatter
then redownload a new firmware
see whether it helps or not?

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
Or just dont put them on period.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 9: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

thunduaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your problem has been solved then great job, but i had similar problems and i upgraded to the YSMenu. a bit of adjusting but it was worth it in the end. The YSMenu can be found here at GBATemp just search it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1