Gaming my q(c)onfusions

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys i am really sorry for such questions i am going to ask but i need my confusions cleared

1:- I just blown off my graphics card and i am searching new(in india)and from one shop there is stock of 8400gs 1gb and 9500gt 1gb,which one should i prefer.

2:- Is usenext s realy fast? can it download torrent (files and games both)

i would also like to knows that can only wifi modem runs multiplayer(lan)games (i can use its ethernet wire)but does it runs wifi

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1- Out of those two, the 9500GT is the better one.
2- Quote from a Yahoo Answers site (may be unreliable, not sure. have not used it myself)

QUOTE said:
Usenext is a Usenet provider. usenet is a worldwide distributed Internet discussion system. It evolved from the general purpose UUCP architecture of the same name.Duke University graduate students Tom Truscott and Jim Ellis conceived the idea in 1979. Users read and post public messages (called articles or posts, and collectively termed news) to one or more categories, known as newsgroups. Usenext is mostly for the purpose of of downloading binary files (non-text such as mp3 movies and games)

Why don't you try usenext.Usenext provides access to 8 independent server farms. When searching for files, you will automatically be connected with the server with the speediest delivery.For DSL users - finally you can make full use of your high speed connections: download at maximum speed from our ultra-fast international servers. NO restrictions on download speeds, and no waiting for files!

I've been very satisfied with the download speed of this Usenext program. Sometimes it only takes 15 minutes to download a 700mb film.New content is added daily, adding new films, music, Games,ebooks, and software

3- Don't quite understand the third question. A wireless modem can provide Wifi (that's how users connect- there would not be an ethernet cable, but assuming a system has a Wifi card, one can connect wirelessly to a wireless router / modem).

D

Deleted User

(1)You're not going to get a 100% answer here because we don't know the context of your hardware system. For example, we don't know whether your motherboard has the rights PCi Express Slot(s) for a graphics card, let alone how powerful your PSU is (and what your processor is) not knowing these things makes purchasing hardware ... rather troublesome. Of the two cards you mentioned the 9500 GT is the stronger card, but they're both considerably outdated.

(2) UseNext? I think you mean UseNet and yes, it's quite fast, but it's only going to be as fast as the thorough-put of your connection. If you don't have a good internet connection it's not going to likely be very fast.

(3) This is a very hard question to understand, rephrase it please. If you give us more context then we'll be able to help better. What do you want to use this connection for? Wifi is the term for wireless ethernet connections. Whether or not something runs both is going to be dependent on the Cable-Modem/Router (and probably up to your ISP as well). Talk to them about it.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey i want to say that i have my old modem but it is not wireless and it causes dsl blinking(light).So i tooked out the ethernet cable connected it to my laptop.this made a new connection and it didn't connected to internet but the two computers got connected.this was how i was able to make connection simply lan.Now i need to buy a wireless (not router)modem(consisting of ethernet slots for pc).So i wanted to ask that without router will i be able to play multiplayer games(one from ehternet and one for wifi)?

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
my motherboard has a pci-e slot

take my system configs
intel core 2 duo 2.20ghz
asus p5kpl-am/ps(it has 1 pci-e 2.0x16,1pci-e,2pci slots)
4gb ddr2 ram
250gb hdd(it (much) not matters in g card)
ya!Ithink it could be the smps(psu) problem because it is only 220v if good suggest one

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys just got it its urgent

i have just 20 hrs left to decide which graphics card to buy

i can only spend rs 5000($108.69)(but its way expensive than that given on internet)does someone knows rate of graphics card in india

just reply as soon as you can

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The 9500gt is better than the 8400gs. Gs marks the cheapest cutback version of the gpu, and the 9xxx series is the same as the 8xxx series only with a smaller chip process, which means less power consumed and heat produced.

Regarding your question on networking, you can get wireless network hubs or use a WiFi extender/repeater to add WiFi to a non wireless network. If you want to play multiplayer games across multiple networks, you will probably have to bridge them. I cba to explain in detail right now though, since its annoying to grab the resources from a mobile phone (I'm in a queue for the iPad 2 launch right now).

Z

Zorua

Chhotu uttam said:
Hey guys just got it its urgent

i have just 20 hrs left to decide which graphics card to buy

i can only spend rs 5000($108.69)(but its way expensive than that given on internet)does someone knows rate of graphics card in india

just reply as soon as you can

Why don't you check ebay?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Remember that shops have to charge an overhead because they need to pay the cost of keeping the shop open. The Internet has no land rental charge, so it's typically cheaper.

Also on eBay, most people want to rip you off, so its not the most reliable of sites when finding out the prices.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
so which to prefer the best graphics card on rs 5000.

also i think my psu is stronger because a sticker is pasted there written "AC 220V"
is it ok

I Have heard that they require 400W or more W

and what is the difference between W(watt) and V(volt).

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey i got back my biostar nvidia geforce 8400gs 512mb.

i know that it does not supports directx 11 but windows 7 comes with built-in direct x 11.

so when I plugged in my graphics card the screen turned yellow and the resolutions were reset.After some time the screen appeared ok but then till now it has yellow lining on it.

what can it be?

Z

Zorua

Chhotu uttam said:
hey i got back my biostar nvidia geforce 8400gs 512mb.

i know that it does not supports directx 11 but windows 7 comes with built-in direct x 11.

so when I plugged in my graphics card the screen turned yellow and the resolutions were reset.After some time the screen appeared ok but then till now it has yellow lining on it.

what can it be?

Try updating the drivers.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Originality said:
Yellow screens... that's a new one to me. I've seen black, white, blue, green and red screens, but not yellow.

I really don't know about this problem but when i insert my graphics card into it yellow lines appear and sometimes turn into a yellow screen.

Please help

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
may be the card is blown off
cry.gif
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...