my q(c)onfusions

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Chhotu uttam, Mar 24, 2011.

Mar 24, 2011

my q(c)onfusions by Chhotu uttam at 4:32 AM (1,209 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Chhotu uttam
    OP

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    Hey guys i am really sorry for such questions i am going to ask but i need my confusions cleared

1:- I just blown off my graphics card and i am searching new(in india)and from one shop there is stock of 8400gs 1gb and 9500gt 1gb,which one should i prefer.

2:- Is usenext s realy fast? can it download torrent (files and games both)

i would also like to knows that can only wifi modem runs multiplayer(lan)games (i can use its ethernet wire)but does it runs wifi

2. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    1- Out of those two, the 9500GT is the better one.
    2- Quote from a Yahoo Answers site (may be unreliable, not sure. have not used it myself)

3- Don't quite understand the third question. A wireless modem can provide Wifi (that's how users connect- there would not be an ethernet cable, but assuming a system has a Wifi card, one can connect wirelessly to a wireless router / modem).

3. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    (1)You're not going to get a 100% answer here because we don't know the context of your hardware system. For example, we don't know whether your motherboard has the rights PCi Express Slot(s) for a graphics card, let alone how powerful your PSU is (and what your processor is) not knowing these things makes purchasing hardware ... rather troublesome. Of the two cards you mentioned the 9500 GT is the stronger card, but they're both considerably outdated.

(2) UseNext? I think you mean UseNet and yes, it's quite fast, but it's only going to be as fast as the thorough-put of your connection. If you don't have a good internet connection it's not going to likely be very fast.

(3) This is a very hard question to understand, rephrase it please. If you give us more context then we'll be able to help better. What do you want to use this connection for? Wifi is the term for wireless ethernet connections. Whether or not something runs both is going to be dependent on the Cable-Modem/Router (and probably up to your ISP as well). Talk to them about it.

4. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    hey i want to say that i have my old modem but it is not wireless and it causes dsl blinking(light).So i tooked out the ethernet cable connected it to my laptop.this made a new connection and it didn't connected to internet but the two computers got connected.this was how i was able to make connection simply lan.Now i need to buy a wireless (not router)modem(consisting of ethernet slots for pc).So i wanted to ask that without router will i be able to play multiplayer games(one from ehternet and one for wifi)?

5. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    my motherboard has a pci-e slot

take my system configs
    intel core 2 duo 2.20ghz
    asus p5kpl-am/ps(it has 1 pci-e 2.0x16,1pci-e,2pci slots)
    4gb ddr2 ram
    250gb hdd(it (much) not matters in g card)
    ya!Ithink it could be the smps(psu) problem because it is only 220v if good suggest one

6. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    Hey guys just got it its urgent

i have just 20 hrs left to decide which graphics card to buy

i can only spend rs 5000($108.69)(but its way expensive than that given on internet)does someone knows rate of graphics card in india

just reply as soon as you can

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    The 9500gt is better than the 8400gs. Gs marks the cheapest cutback version of the gpu, and the 9xxx series is the same as the 8xxx series only with a smaller chip process, which means less power consumed and heat produced.

Regarding your question on networking, you can get wireless network hubs or use a WiFi extender/repeater to add WiFi to a non wireless network. If you want to play multiplayer games across multiple networks, you will probably have to bridge them. I cba to explain in detail right now though, since its annoying to grab the resources from a mobile phone (I'm in a queue for the iPad 2 launch right now).

8. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Why don't you check ebay?

9. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    i have checked on ebay and the shops near my house but still there is the price difference.

10. Originality

United Kingdom
    Remember that shops have to charge an overhead because they need to pay the cost of keeping the shop open. The Internet has no land rental charge, so it's typically cheaper.

Also on eBay, most people want to rip you off, so its not the most reliable of sites when finding out the prices.

11. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    so which to prefer the best graphics card on rs 5000.

also i think my psu is stronger because a sticker is pasted there written "AC 220V"
    is it ok

I Have heard that they require 400W or more W

and what is the difference between W(watt) and V(volt).

12. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

ATI Radeon 5450.

Difference between watt and volt: http://www.differencebetween.net/technolog...olts-and-watts/

13. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    hey i got back my biostar nvidia geforce 8400gs 512mb.

i know that it does not supports directx 11 but windows 7 comes with built-in direct x 11.

so when I plugged in my graphics card the screen turned yellow and the resolutions were reset.After some time the screen appeared ok but then till now it has yellow lining on it.

what can it be?

14. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Try updating the drivers.

15. Originality

United Kingdom
    Yellow screens... that's a new one to me. I've seen black, white, blue, green and red screens, but not yellow.

16. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    I really don't know about this problem but when i insert my graphics card into it yellow lines appear and sometimes turn into a yellow screen.

Please help

17. Chhotu uttam
    OP

India
    may be the card is blown off [​IMG] [​IMG]