moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was in the middle of a game when this happened:

what are my options in order to get this fixed. i'm in the uk, it's a year old and out of warranty. this is my third psp.

thanks

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i was just playing a game, and then the screen just went like that. i didn't drop it, or shake it or anything. pretty annoyed

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Er... that does not look like something that just "happens" lol. But if you say so.

It looks like a broken, shattered LCD screen. the only option is a full replacement.

you can get one cheapest here.

It is a slim, 2000 PSP, right? if not you can get a 1000 screen on the same store. I dunno about 3000 screens. the last time I checked a 3000 screen was a good 80 bucks.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screens dont just break like that by them selves
there had to be a ton of pressure in the middle for it to do that

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get a new LCD for around £20 for a PSP 1000, or probably find someone to do it for you although that'd be more expensive.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey it's possible. If the screen is brittle or stressed in any way, just the handling of the PSP could potentially be the breaking point. Point in case, our car. After a drastic temperature change overnight, my mom got in the car and pulled the door closed and the back window...well, imploded.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Hey it's possible. If the screen is brittle or stressed in any way, just the handling of the PSP could potentially be the breaking point. Point in case, our car. After a drastic temperature change overnight, my mom got in the car and pulled the door closed and the back window...well, imploded.

Yeah. that's why I didn't call this guy crazy or call shenanigans because it is possible that this happened due ot a situation like that lol. Either way his story does not matter guys the point is it's broken so help him find the cheapest place lol.

Dealextreme is the cheapest I know of. You can take a risk on ebay too cheaper but it may have dead pixels (like the few I got off of there did everytime).

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the suggestions guys, and i know it might be hard to believe but i really did nothing to make that happen. dont think it was a temperature thing. it's a refurbished psp from sony, as i said had it for a year.

so is screen replacement difficult? or should i just buy a used one or another refurb from sony. sony chrage nearly £60 roughly for a replacement

thanks

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That does not look like it just happened sorry but that is just my opinion. Maybe you played a game and got frustrated and did something to it causing that. What sucks is Sony does not operate like Nintendo and by that I mean repair services and etc. Nintendo has a customer service which can repair systems and I have tried looking for the same treatment by Sony and I could not find nothing. Not even a number of any kind. Once your system is broken you have to either find a way or say goodbye.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll call shenanigans. I've seen enough busted LCDs and did one to myself before. If you twisted it or squeezed the body in general it'll be a random pressure fracture. That there I did years ago on a GB on accident as it slipped onto the corner of a table point and the impact was identical to that. Seems something with a good corner, pointy type edge to it did it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to remember all of you that PSPs have a THICK plastic layer on top of the screen, and that one doesn't seem damaged in any way.

Now, unless you're suggesting that he opened his PSP and then crashed in frustration on a table corner...

I'm with Leamonde.Halcyon's suggestion. LCDs can get quite hot, and it might have imploded because of that.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, I think we've got the whole "u d1d 0n purp0s3!" thing out of our systems now.

He said that it happened out of the blue, so let's just believe him and move on.

How it broke isn't the important matter here, it's how he's going to fix it. Buying a new one seems like your only option...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, changing the LCD would be the best option, especially if he can do it himself. Fully hackable PSPs (like 1000s and even worse early 2000s) are getting rarer and rarer, and it might be difficult to find another one.

If you don't feel confident enough to do it, just take it to some shop which repairs consoles, but be prepared to be charged hefty fees for that (even $100 or more).

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've ordered a new psp-1000 screen from dealextreme, thanks for the suggestions.

i just tried to dismantle and reassemble my psp, and the screen is not cracked on the inside either. but i'm pretty confident that I can repair the psp now after my practice run.

cheers

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
i've ordered a new psp-1000 screen from dealextreme, thanks for the suggestions.

i just tried to dismantle and reassemble my psp, and the screen is not cracked on the inside either. but i'm pretty confident that I can repair the psp now after my practice run.

cheers
OMG how did that just happen i was suprised to see the screenshow and how you said you didnt do anything to it now im Wondering if my PSP will do the same but back on topic

i see you Order it already but are you sure its a 1000 i though the Silver PSP were 2000 Series correct me if im Wrong anyways i hope you get your Problem Fix and im sorry this happen to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.