My PSP Battery

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nathan Drake, Jun 30, 2011.

Jun 30, 2011

My PSP Battery by Nathan Drake at 9:31 PM (688 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    My PSP battery appears to not sit right in the PSP in one way, the battery door can't fit quite right. I can get the door to click into place, but then it is lifted at the side of the UMD door slightly. As I play games, the door lifts a little more, and a little more. Eventually, it hits a point where hitting the start button is enough to dislodge the battery ever so slightly, and shut off my PSP. I think this may be due to the battery being slightly enlarged, but would like a second opinion. If anybody wants pictures of what I'm talking about, I can provide them.

Edit: Pictures -
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The casing of the battery can be sanded down, don't grind it, that's BAD.

Wynd

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Pics please?

It MIGHT be an old and or fake battery... which, not trying to scare you, SOUNDS LIKE ITS GONNA FRIGGIN EXPLODE. Li-Ion batteries tend to do that when they overheat...

Seriously, you probably should get it replaced before it starts leaking and causing issues with your system.

@ Wynd: it douns't sound like it's JUST the casing, he says it gets bigger/hotter while he plays. [​IMG]

4. Nathan Drake
    OP

Antarctica
    The battery can really warm up when it's charging, but you know, being my first and only PSP, I can't say if that's normal or not. :/

I'll take some pictures when I get back in with my dog of the battery, how it sits in my PSP, and how the case sits on top of it once it clicks into place. It isn't a huge deal, but I definitely would like to know if something is up.

5. Nathan Drake
    OP

Antarctica
    I added some pictures to the first post for clarification.

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    is the outward facing side of the battery solid or is it slightly soft? either way, you should really find a new battery. I had one for my psp 1000 that looked like that and was slightly soft. it seemed to work fine but I replaced it just to be on the safe side.

7. Nathan Drake
    OP

Antarctica
    It is definitely slightly soft. I'll replace it when I have the cash I suppose.