PCSX2 HD texture pack group

My PS2 Packs

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please give a (Tomba 2) a try. It’s beautiful game. I hope to get the same treatment 🙏🏼
Also I wonder if we can get a pure 60fps without speeding up 2x

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Please give a (Tomba 2) a try. It’s beautiful game. I hope to get the same treatment 🙏🏼
Also I wonder if we can get a pure 60fps without speeding up 2x
I'll test it today and see how it goes.

As for the 60fps, you can use an app called Lossless Scaling, it has a frame generation feature that works fantastic on emulators. I use it a lot for PS1 and PS2 games. Makes it very smooth.

Reactions: rex999

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Than
I'll test it today and see how it goes.

As for the 60fps, you can use an app called Lossless Scaling, it has a frame generation feature that works fantastic on emulators. I use it a lot for PS1 and PS2 games. Makes it very smooth.
you so much. You can’t imagine how happy I am right now. You made my day. God bless you.

About lossless how it works please?
I have steam deck with linux and use duckstation for ps1 emu. Is there any tutorial for that please?

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Than

you so much. You can’t imagine how happy I am right now. You made my day. God bless you.

About lossless how it works please?
I have steam deck with linux and use duckstation for ps1 emu. Is there any tutorial for that please?
Not sure how it would work on Steamdeck. It's an app you can buy on Steam (very cheap) you can disable the scaling it does since Duckstation already has resolution settings, just enable the frame generation in the app, then while in game press Ctr Alt S and it will activate. Best to enable the "Draw FPS" option in Lossless so you can see when it's active since a normal overlay won't show the generated frames on the fps counter.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how it would work on Steamdeck. It's an app you can buy on Steam (very cheap) you can disable the scaling it does since Duckstation already has resolution settings, just enable the frame generation in the app, then while in game press Ctr Alt S and it will activate. Best to enable the "Draw FPS" option in Lossless so you can see when it's active since a normal overlay won't show the generated frames on the fps counter.
I bought that app and tried it out but unfortunately it didn’t work on steam os.
So I hope if there’s a chance to make a cheat patch after make that amazing HD texture pack.
Thanks a lot.

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I bought that app and tried it out but unfortunately it didn’t work on steam os.
So I hope if there’s a chance to make a cheat patch after make that amazing HD texture pack.
Thanks a lot.
Ah that sucks. Hopefully AFMF will come to Steamdeck. I messed around with it on my Ally and it's fantastic. Just waiting for the official driver.

Sadly, I won't be able to do Tomba 2, it only dumps garbage files :(

Reactions: Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah that sucks. Hopefully AFMF will come to Steamdeck. I messed around with it on my Ally and it's fantastic. Just waiting for the official driver.

Sadly, I won't be able to do Tomba 2, it only dumps garbage files :(
So there’s no way to have hd texture for tomba 2?
Sounds sad

paynexkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would love for you to take a look at Def Jam Vendetta (As you did fight for NY) and the Getaway Series. The Getaway needs new textures desperately.

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hey Bl4ckH4nd, it's great to know that you're back! Your work is perfect. It's great to hear that you're working on PS1 packs. Where can I find them for download?
I've made 3 so far, just want to populate the repo a bit more.

Also as a side note, these only work on Retroarch using the Beetle PSX HW core. I can't get them to load with the Swanstation core.

I'm going to try and finish up a few more games this week so that I have at least 10 games done for the repo :)
Post automatically merged:

Would love for you to take a look at Def Jam Vendetta (As you did fight for NY) and the Getaway Series. The Getaway needs new textures desperately.
I'll have a look at those for you. I think a few people have requested The Getaway games so I'll hop on that.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made 3 so far, just want to populate the repo a bit more.

Also as a side note, these only work on Retroarch using the Beetle PSX HW core. I can't get them to load with the Swanstation core.

I'm going to try and finish up a few more games this week so that I have at least 10 games done for the repo :)

I'll have a look at those for you. I think a few people have requested The Getaway games so I'll hop on that.
I’m using duckstation I hope your hd texture packs will work on it.

And hopefully we can see Tomba 2 hd texture one day. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa

And hopefully we can see Tomba 2 hd texture one day. Thank you so much for your hard work.
No problem, I enjoy doing the packs. I'm waiting on feedback on a thread I found where someone mentioned they used textures on Swanstation in Retroarch.

Apparently, the newer Duckstation build can only load background textures, they removed general texture replacement for some reason. Really hoping I can get this going on Swanstation as some of my friends use Xbox dev mode to emulate and Beetle HW can't load textures on Xbox, so I'd love to get it working for them.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you
No problem, I enjoy doing the packs. I'm waiting on feedback on a thread I found where someone mentioned they used textures on Swanstation in Retroarch.

Apparently, the newer Duckstation build can only load background textures, they removed general texture replacement for some reason. Really hoping I can get this going on Swanstation as some of my friends use Xbox dev mode to emulate and Beetle HW can't load textures on Xbox, so I'd love to get it working for them.
if you need a beta tester for your works I’m ready

Reactions: Bl4ckH4nd

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

They won't. Duckstation and Beetle PSX HW use different approaches for texture dumping and replacing. They are not compatible.

Apparently, the newer Duckstation build can only load background textures, they removed general texture replacement for some reason.

Duckstation never had this feature in its master. It has always been an open PR. You have to compile it from there to use it.

Added a link to my PS1 textures in the original post. I only have 4 packs at the moment, they were just to experiment. I'll add more as soon as I can.

Just wondering, did you test your PS1 texture packs? Because from my experience this feature is really bad in both PS1 emus. I worked on a PS1 texture pack for two years, before I stopped it, because it has so many issues and nobody adressed them. Since its initial release in 2020 it never got an update. And it probably won't in the future aswell. So don't hang your hopes too high for good PS1 texture packs.

Reactions: Bl4ckH4nd

Bl4ckH4nd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
They won't. Duckstation and Beetle PSX HW use different approaches for texture dumping and replacing. They are not compatible.

Duckstation never had this feature in its master. It has always been an open PR. You have to compile it from there to use it.

Just wondering, did you test your PS1 texture packs? Because from my experience this feature is really bad in both PS1 emus. I worked on a PS1 texture pack for two years, before I stopped it, because it has so many issues and nobody adressed them. Since its initial release in 2020 it never got an update. And it probably won't in the future aswell. So don't hang your hopes too high for good PS1 texture packs.
I did test them yes, and while the results aren't as noticeable as PS2, I think they look really nice.

Just added Def Jam Vendetta :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: