My PC Disk Drive Can't Burn DVD's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by silent sniper, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008
  1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    Well, I have a DVD drive which can't burn DVD's (Sony DVD RW DW-D22A - which I found out isn't actually a Sony drive, all of these model drives are cheap ripoffs by another company), and I'm going to the outlet mall in Seattle tomorrow and there's several electonic stores there. So could someone please recommend me a DVD drive that can burn Wii ISO's? Preferably Sony, as the biggest electronic store there is Sony.

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Go to any computer store and pick up a poineer dvr-xxx drive for like $30 or something.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    try updating the firmware, but you must know what you are doing first before you install, make sure you have the correct firmware for your drive.

4. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    well, apparently, for my drive, there is software that makes it burn DVD's, but it's only for mac.

also: Volkov, is there a specific pioneer model i should get?

5. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Pretty much any DVD writer can burn Wii disks (personally I tend to use NEC drives because they're cheap and do the job) but the Wii can be quite fussy about which disks it accepts... So don't worry about the drive manufacturer too much, worry more about the blank disks you're using, don't use crap disks [​IMG]

6. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    Okay, thanks. I'm going to Seattle tomorrow so I can buy a new drive and some good DVD's there.

7. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Whatever model they have. They should have only the newest one. They're everywhere, relatively cheap, and are very good brand burner.