1. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

United States
  2. kjb1686

OP kjb1686 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is a nice PSU however i currently can only spend 60 dollars or less on a psu and that is it with that one psu is just right for me i did some psu calculations and the most wattage i need is 450 so i think that i am going with the one corsair for 60

1 person likes this.
  3. kjb1686

OP kjb1686 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay you guys can close this topic i have selected my computer and chose the corsair with all that said and done i love newegg. They have free trial for two day shipping so i dont have to pay for two day shipping and i can get it faster so it only costs 577 dollars.

4. Lewigi

Lewigi GBAtemp Regular

Not read through the full topic, but just giving my opinion anyway.
    • 8gb RAM is overkill, get 4gb and make it 1600MHz as opposed to 1033MHz. If it's a single stick then you can upgrade later.
    • Cheaper/slower cpu. Your computer will still start quickly and the i5 is not needed if it's mainly for gaming.
    • Use the PSU, it has a 2 year warranty.
    This next point isn't a suggestion, just something to think about. You must surely have some kind of hard drive lying around somewhere? Possibly even an external HDD? You can take external ones out their case and put them in PCs. If you were to do this then it'd free up some money for other parts. Or you could even go for a small cheapish SSD, which would certainly help speed up your computer (it'd start sooo quick).

Edit: oops, just saw the comment above :P

5. Chhotu uttam

Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    That's the point where people can lean towards Seagate.

I agree with this.

I disagree with this.Hybrid HDD cost a ton of money.The seagate Momentus XT 750gb costs around $245 (correct me if I'm worng).Also OCZ's hybrid drive (1 TB) costs more than $450.
    IMO its better to get a Black/F3/Blue drive and then later(if on a budget) a SSD.Its unfair to compare a HDD and SSD but the Black/F3 tends to do their job fine.

Also there something like Christmas,B'day,etc. where you can get a SSD,so its not a hurry to get one.

@[member='exangel']
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/321809-will-this-config-make-a-good-gaming-rig/page__view__findpost__p__4122375

The post made by her tells us everthing why a enthusiast must own a 7200 rpm drive and a SSD.

1 person likes this.
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    I bought my Momentus XT 7.2kRPM 500 GB for 140 ish dollars before the Thailand fluds.
    The 750GB version should cost around 200ish, but with the price inflation 245 should be correct.

I can say that the Momentus did speed up my HK laptop.
    Compared to the 500 GB HDD I had before. (7.2kRPM)

7. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    like DinohScene, I purchased a Momentus XT 7,200rpm 500GB drive and only paid about 110usd for it (of course this was a year ago, and I really haven't been keeping an eye on price fluctuations)

I think that we all agree that solid state would be the way to go if they weren't so dang expensive.

edit:
    ok, you're wrong! :P (remember, OP lives here in the states)

500GB drive = 120usd
    http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822148591

750GB drive = 175usd
    http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822148837

edit 2:
    in a completely unrelated question, why do all of these companies feel the need to add LEDs to their motherboards, psu's and fans? I'm sorry but crap like ASUS's bright blue "heatbeat" and other products which do not allow you to shut off the LED portion is quite madness to me. (the stupid pulsing "heatbeat" lights up half of my house at night, it's so bright :(

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - build,