daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to ask you a few things first -
1. What cfw were you using?
2. What is the current fw version of your switch?
3. Do you have nand and boot0&1 backup?

im using apmosphere cfw
firware is 8.1.0
3rd question is i have the prodinfo.bin file but not the nand back up

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
just black screen still after sending payload
Well normally burning fuses doesnt mean that you cant boot into Hekate.
So for now I dont know what to suggest. I am thinking it could be something related to hardware but maybe I am wrong
Since you said that you can hear windows making noises does that mean tegrarcm detects your switch?
What happens after you disconnect and reconnect the switch in tegrarcm after you have blackscreen?

Reactions: daxster40

daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well normally burning fuses doesnt mean that you cant boot into Hekate.
So for now I dont know what to suggest. I am thinking it could be something related to hardware but maybe I am wrong
Since you said that you can hear windows making noises does that mean tegrarcm detects your switch?
What happens after you disconnect and reconnect the switch in tegrarcm after you have blackscreen?

i know youve tried your best helping Budsixz, when i connect switch in tegra i just ear the window sounds and also tegra detects my switch. but just black screen always after sending payload or taking the usb c cable out..

Reactions: Plochan and Budsixz

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i know youve tried your best helping Budsixz, when i connect switch in tegra i just ear the window sounds and also tegra detects my switch. but just black screen always after sending payload or taking the usb c cable out..
Hey umm did you try to push fusee primary bin instead of hekate? Or maybe reinx bin?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I guess restoring your nand is your option now. Also it's a pretty weird issue and honestly it also the first time I've heard someone bricking their nand playing retroarch.
yea but he said he doesnt have a nand backup only prodinfo
I know we can rebuild a nand but dont know what we actually require for that
Also it could be a hardware issue as well

daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess restoring your nand is your option now. Also it's a pretty weird issue and honestly it also the first time I've heard someone bricking their nand playing retroarch.
im not sure if its bricked to be honest as Tegra can see switch is attached in Rcm mode...it just crashed on playing Retro Arch...so im not 100 percent sure that caused the problem it could be a corrupt software problem.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
im not sure if its bricked to be honest as Tegra can see switch is attached in Rcm mode...it just crashed on playing Retro Arch...so im not 100 percent sure that caused the problem it could be a corrupt software problem.
A nand brick will still enable your switch to go in rcm just like a smart phone can still access recovery mode eventhough you can't boot into os anymore. The worst thing I know retroarch can do is corrupt sd cards but this is the first time I've heard retroarch crashing a system into a brick.

daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A nand brick will still enable your switch to go in rcm just like a smart phone can still access recovery mode eventhough you can't boot into os anymore. The worst thing I know retroarch can do is corrupt sd cards but this is the first time I've heard retroarch crashing a system into a brick.
Its crashed a few times to be honest i used playing RetroArch as an example. if the switch is brick. is the switch just a paper weight now

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i would let the battery die out completely, then recharge it and go in to RCM. Already had that happen with multiple systems and the last one i had it happened with was my psvita on 3.6 enso and i had to let the battery die since i was 2 lazy to take the battery out. When shutting down the vita it would constantly get stuck and the only thing that helped was letting the battery die. Who knows, maybe it'll help

Last edited by kumikochan,

daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would let the battery die out completely, then recharge it and go in to RCM. Already had that happen with multiple systems and the last one i had it happen with was my psvita on 3.6 enso and i had to let the battery die since i was 2 lazy to take the battery out. When shutting down the vita it would constantly get stuck and the only thing that helped was letting the battery die. Who knows, maybe it'll help
thank you for your imput ill leave it till battery goes dead then report back

Reactions: kumikochan

daxster40

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for the help and surport you all have given in this tread, its working again i left it off for a few days now its turning back on so all is well

Reactions: kumikochan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up