My new Unity Based game is in development... Ricochet!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Skompc, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    This is a bullet-hell type game with a twist... no enemies, no other players, just yourself... dodging your OWN BULLETS!!! walls randomly spawn at random places and times... they have bp (or break points), and will of course break once it reaches 0... but until then you better watch out! cause the bullets will ricochet off the walls... right back to you!... I have a basic prototype that i'll upload tomorrow once i get a better internet connection... comment what you guys think i should do or add!

EDIT: here's the game (still cant come up with a better name lol)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17232938/Ricochet.zip

UPDATE 11/14/2016: my pc is still dead but i managed to borrow someone elses and redo the project... now known as "Bullet Hell!"... walls no longer there... bullets dont despawn but come out 1 every second or so as opposed to 1 every frame... upon reaching edge of screen bullets wrap around to other side

KNOWN BUGS: player can go off screen... i didnt have time to impliment checks for player out of bounds

Upload will come up after my shift tomorrow at work as im posting using my phone!

Last edited by Skompc, Nov 15, 2016
    gnmmarechal likes this.
  2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Isn't this the same as the game called ricochet? I Remember playing it on my blackberry.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  3. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Man I thought my idea was original... I never had a blackberry so I wouldnt know

4. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
  5. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Ahh that's a breakout style game... there your actually trying to catch the bullets... here its the exact opposite... 1 bullet per frame that cant be stopped... bouncing off walls and you're trying to avoid ALL of them

6. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    It's similar but I'd work on the name. When you have a preview I'll try it out!

7. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Same here :P

8. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    ok i've uploaded it to dropbox!... give it a go and tell me what you guys think!

9. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Alright so I see it is in fact still early, so just some things. Bullets go through walls sometimes and I get why you did this one but bullets disappear after a while. What I think should happen, would be nothing disappears and you lower the amount of bullets fired per second. So then it gets harder and harder as you go! The objective would obviously be, remove a certain amount of walls without dying! (so you should also add a life counter) But it was pretty good, had a fun few minutes :P

10. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the sugesstions... I already know about the bullets going through the walls... their going so fast that the physics engine cant keep up... so I might want to reduce the speed of the bullet too... or I could just delete any bullets that go out of bounds?... your thoughts?

11. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I like the speed, I'd say just delete them after they go through the wall!

12. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I'm very interested in this. If you need, I could mirror/host this on my site. Or you can use itch.io, that's cool.

13. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Sure you can host it after I'm done with development... I only work weekends so I have weekdays to work on ricochet.... just as long as proper credit goes to me your ok to distribute it as you please... its going to be free anyways!

14. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    All right, I'll mirror it.

15. Attacker3

Attacker3 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
  16. Skompc
    OP

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    So my laptop decided to bite the dust some time ago... sad to say that ricochet wont be in development until repaired or replaced...