Gaming my new netbook

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

You remember a while back I wanted to get my own netbook but was refused credit? Well, problem solved. My dad just got a HUGE payment from the government following yet another admin cock-up, and so he bought my brother a new TV, replaced our old and nearly dead 360 with a new 250GB Slim, and bought me the netbook bringing you this message. It's nothing flashy, it's an E-Machines N270, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, XP edition. It may not play Starcraft 2 but I don't really care so long as I have the net at my fingertips whenever I need it instead of when the old man allows it on his old laptop. It's not a bad machine. Built in webcam, decent program set, decent size screen, just what I need and nothing more.

The way this works is that as my brother's TV cost about £100, my dad is giving me £100 of the £180 this cost and I simply pay the other 80 when I get paid in 2 weeks time. Not a bad deal. Means I can spend more of my wages on shiny things from eBay. The smaller keyboard is taking a little getting used to, and the screen's backlight is maybe a little weak, but I can see what I'm doing.

Now to see if it will play my No-CD cracks of Red Alert 2 and the original Starcraft. And download KHBBS. And ACX2. And Valkyria Chronicles 2.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was excited to get a netbook, it was practically a steal at 80 bucks.

now it sits as my wireless adapter for my 360. oh my obsession with pc.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job man. I did the same thing myself last year with Christmas cash in 2009. I did some research and found one not using that lame atom chipset (my mom as an EEPC that lags to hell.) I got this MSI wind 12" lcd setup that has a nv40 amd chip, 2gb of ram. win7, 250gb hdd, and a IGP radeon card that uses like 128 or 256mb of ram (I forget.) The only thing that sucks about what you and I got is no disc drive, lucked into a nice burner/dvd combo at fry's for $40 a few months after so it was all good. Mind you I had to buy it new, got a deal though so I was happy at the time for $395 vs the usual $560 or so asking price.

I can kinda run DS crap, GBA, SNES, anything older runs smoothly which is all I need, I mostly screw with NES stuff anymore. But I'm totally with you, I wanted it as an easy anytime anywhere to use PC primarily for email, messageboards, news, stupid websites, and occasional dicking around with emulation or some older (Call of Duty 2 and before era) pc games.

I go to tell ya that smaller keyboard takes a good long while to get used to if you're not like totally sitting up in front of it. Since it's smaller, if I try to chill and lay back low I type as well as kitty keyboard time.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In conclusion, yes. This netbook will run a No CD Crack of the original Starcraft and the Brood Wars expansion. Some of the sound effects are missing, notably most of the voice samples, but eh. Can't complain since it's basically stolen. Besides, I can just download the missing files, surely?

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I have a NetBook too. They are pretty awesome for old games and stuff.

Me and my friends are playing Warcraft 3 on school, where I use my NetBook, another friend of mine uses his own NoteBook, and the rest uses School Notebooks.
tongue.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
In conclusion, yes. This netbook will run a No CD Crack of the original Starcraft and the Brood Wars expansion. Some of the sound effects are missing, notably most of the voice samples, but eh. Can't complain since it's basically stolen. Besides, I can just download the missing files, surely?
If you patch to the newest version (which you can do for free) Its got No CD 'crack' in it. Just make sure to copy the files from the CD like it says

I really want a netbook
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc