My ipod touch is screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Maplemage, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    So apparently I had sport in school and put my ipod touch in my bag now I cant click the top left buttom and well I cant turn on my ipod touch, is there a way to turn it on through the computer?

2. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    When you plug it in it should turn on automatically to sync with iTunes after that I'm sure you can assign sleep to another button sequence using activator.

3. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Oh thanks for the help =D

4. metamaster

metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    Since this is pretty close to the topic, can someone enter DFU mode with a broken button? (not jailbroken)

5. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    Explain how it's broken. More than likely you can but it would involve removing the digitizer and pressing the button directly instead of a piece of plastic making contact with it. If you have broken underneath it (the actual button, not the plastic bit on the outside you press) then no.

6. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    no not unless you have already assigned a alt. button rather than home, with activator. This means your touch is jailbroken.

Wynd

7. metamaster

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    It's not exacly my device. All I know is that one of the buttons doesn't respond. But what I meant in my question was is there a program that puts it in DFU mode, or can we trick iTunes, etc.

8. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    Try cleaning it; use lighswitch cleaner and work the button. If it isn't responding then something could be jamming it; possibly sand.

9. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Download an IPSW. Open the IPSW with your favorite ZIP program, and go into Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.*****.production. You'll find a bunch of files, including (but not limited to) "applelogo," "iBoot," and "LLB."

Copy the "applelogo" file over the "LLB" file. Restore to this modified IPSW, and you'll have DFU Mode!

Credit goes to MuscleNerd for this. I believe this is for a DFU restore though, not jailbreaking with limera1n, greenpois0n, et. al.

10. metamaster

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    Won't anything get erased? It's still a restore.

11. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    All you can do is restore in DFU mode anyway.

12. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Well Greenp0ison and limera1n require you to be in DFU, they use and exploit in DFU and then kick you out of it

13. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Dont worry im already jailbroken on 4.1 with limera1n im using SBSettings to lock my ipod.

14. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Yeah you should be ok, but I would recommend restoring and then taking it to an apple shop to see what they can do