My Friend's AK problem.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by AceOfAces, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010

My Friend's AK problem. by AceOfAces at 8:24 PM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. AceOfAces
    OP

Member AceOfAces GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm serious about my friend. Anyway, she recently got an AceKard from DealExtreme. She had a few games, but only one game would work. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. I think it's because she doesn't have the most recent loaders. But it also may be counterfeit. Any other possible problems?

2. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    What type of acekard?
    What system using?
    DS or DSi?

More info about problem - better answer from user of this forum...

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you upgraded to Akiao yet?

Is this on DS or DSi?
    Have you tried another microSD?

Have you done a SEARCH or looked at the ton of threads relating to spotting a fake card that exist here?

You actually state it may be due to loaders - have you not bothered to check before asking?

4. AceOfAces
    OP

United States
    I have no contact with her until school which is on weekdays. I just need ideas or confirmation. I told her to update to AKAIO Thursday. It still didn't work. She uses an AceKard2. She has a DS Lite. The Search gave me tons of threads, which I don't have enough time to go through.
    Again, I have no contact with her. She checked on Friday night, or at least that's what I think. She recently got her AceKard. I think Wednesday night. I'm not sure if that's all the information you need, so tell me instead of flaming. I think you have enough information to think of some ways to fix it.

5. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    There are many versions of oficial system (latest 4.21), there are many versions of nonoficial system (akaio - latest 1.5.1) and this one has many loaders update - last and working from 1.1.2010. and there is three acekard card with sign 2 (AK2, AK2.1, AK2i)

I can tell you only this one... format card, put AKAIO (latest) on it, dont need to update loaders (last version has the latest) and try to run it.

1. if doesnt work or have problems with running AKAIO - the ak2 could be fake
    2. akaio has great game compatibility - when dont work, just press x button after starting a game - it could load in another mode and should start the game without problem...

If still doesnt work - try to enable/disable cheats, ds download play, soft reset options on system settings of akaio.

that is the way with "so many infos" you gave us...

6. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158696

It is a sticky at the start of the Acekard forum - how is that a ton, don't even really need a search... Did you not see it before starting a new thread?

I am sorry to sound like a flame, but when someone goes into a forum to post a question the first thing they see next to the New Thread button are the stickies - they are there to avoid duplicate questions...

7. AceOfAces
    OP

United States
    I know the procedure. And again, I have no contact with her, so how am I supposed to give her the link? I haven't even seen the AceKard yet, so I can't check for her.