My first laptop computer

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ninjamanrice, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009

My first laptop computer by ninjamanrice at 4:18 AM (1,109 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. ninjamanrice
    OP

Newcomer ninjamanrice Member

United States
    This is probaly going to be my first laptop by that i meen i want this one because of the D-Pad.... HAHAHA JK! I want it because it is cheap and is pretty good for a laptop i guess right now im running a intel penium 3 gateway computer that is just terrible for what i want it for (GAMEING) but alls i can do is play old games i dont want super new like call of duty but i want some shooting games that will run on it to so if people could recommend a game that meets theses requirments.
    My computer that i want is linked below
    My Laptop

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    what kind of "GAMEING" do you wanna do? cuz frankly, the cpu and graphics card sucks. u can get a lot better shit with like $100 or $200 more.

3. ninjamanrice
    OP

Newcomer ninjamanrice Member

United States
    I just want some shooting games (counter strike or something) and the cpu does suck but idk if you can upgrade it in a laptop CAN I???

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    You can't upgrade the CPU in a laptop. You'll have to buy a more expensive laptop with one, and even then, it'll generally be a 2.0GHz Pentium Dual Core or "Core 2 Duo". I don't know how well those perform against the AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1GHz. Though you actually shouldn't judge based on clock speeds.

5. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Graphics are nice... 256MB Dedicated. Don't get mad if I am wrong xD.

Try GunZ or Counter Strike. Just read the requirements xDD

6. acoustic.digital

Member acoustic.digital GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    the cpu is okay for fps like cs source and the like. gpu should be fine as well since you got 3gb ram (which the gpu will use as well).

It's not the best gaming computer, but i gotta say its a pretty good price. If you don't necessarily wanna play current gen, go for it. but i'd also look around more and see if you can get a better laptop in the same price range.

7. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Don't know how good the graphics card is, but that laptop has a slightly better CPU than mine in terms of clock speed (Mines a Turion64 X2 TL-60, 2.0Ghz). I've been able to play Oblivion on medium-ish settings at a playable framerate, apparently CoD4/5 will both run fine too.

Haven't done much testing with mine in terms of newer games, though. Just use it for work most of the time.

8. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    the graphics card is going to be the problem, its not very good. and no, you can't upgrade them

9. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I haven't fully checked the specs of the OPs mentioned laptop,however both CPU (socket *) and GPU (MXM) CAN be upgradeable. In this case however I doubt the GPU will be.

Don't know how powefull the CPU is in thatthing as I am not into AMD (laptop) CPUs atm.. The GPU will do most older games with lower settings fine, but anything new will be a bitch [​IMG]. As far as prices go, aka you saving up some more mooneh to buy a better laptop, I don't know how prices are over there [​IMG]. Every week you wait though prices will also drop, so you can buy better things slightly later for the same amount of cash.

10. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Nah, like da_head said, get a better one for 100-200$ more.

11. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    have you ever actually seen a laptop with a MXM slot? (in real life) I have not, and don't even know of any in this budget range.

12. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    The GPU in this computer is really weak, even for a laptop it is.

13. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I would probably pay for a laptop for 100-200 more too if I were you.

The 3200 HD is the best you're gonna get at that range and for an integrated chipset. Obviously, like before, a dedicated card will blow it away.

Though like you said, you don't want to play any Call of Duty and just want Counter Strike and such, so yes it can play that because there have been people playing Team Fortress 2 on high apparently. As far as I know, the 3200HD is actually almost on par with an ATI 2400 HD dedicated card, or one of it's recycled friends in the 3XXX and 4XXX series. I have a 2400 HD and it can play Team Fortress 2. Though actually, I used to play Call of Duty 4 on medium-lowish with 800x600 on the 2400. I don't know how that'll perform with that CPU and 3200.

14. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    well CoD 4 works on low/med @1280*800 on a AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 2,0 Ghz (a little bit weaker than the QL-64) and a HD 3200 with 512 MB VRAM shared

15. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you by this laptop, I bet in a few months you will be wanting a new one. You might start of gaming with low requirement games but sooner or later, you will want to run something better. I wouldn't buy that laptop but that's just my personal opinion.

However, if you were never planning to do any gaming then I would recommend it with out any doubts.

16. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    true, it's like alcohol...if you taste some you want more =D