my DSTT keeps freezing on me?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by foewunfyve23, Mar 13, 2009.

Mar 13, 2009
  1. foewunfyve23
    OP

Newcomer foewunfyve23 Newbie

United States
    when i start the dstt its fine.... but when i pick the game and when it loads theres a white or black screen.... it keeps on freezing on me.... but sometimes it works and then later it fails on me....what should i do? do you think i have the right files i need for my dstt....

2. abrack08

Newcomer abrack08 Advanced Member

United States
    First off, check the slot where you put in the SD Card. If the slot has rounded edges, then don't worry about it, but if the slot has straight edges, then you've got a fake card. If you tell whoever you've ordered it from that yours is fake, they SHOULD send you a real one. If you're having trouble telling, check either the ndstt website, or the "how to tell if your DSTT is a fake" thread on this board to compare pictures, you may have to open up your DSTT to tell for sure though.

Okay, taking what you now should know about your card being fake or not:

This is Bri's answer to pretty much every question here, and it usually seems to work, I hope he or she doesn't mind me giving it to you, but if you follow those steps, you SHOULD be good.

And extra warning, formatting your SD card deletes the data on it, so you want to make sure you have everything backed up or moved to a computer or flash drive or something before you do this.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If a game loads at all, it is likely that you have the right files on your microSD card.

But there are several possible problems that would cause the symptoms you're seeing. One is that you don't have your games in a "games" folder. Another is that you have a fake and ran the official (fake-killer) firmware on it. Another is that your DSTT has a hardware problem (it's making poor contact with the NDS).

What did you mean when you said "sometimes it works and then later it fails on me"? Do you mean that the game quits while you're playing it, or do you mean that a game will run fine, but then the next time you try doesn't run at all?

-Bri