My DS is messed up. Help?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lancelott, Sep 6, 2008.

Sep 6, 2008

My DS is messed up. Help? by lancelott at 4:12 PM (915 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. lancelott
    OP

Newcomer lancelott Member

United States
    I had my DS in sleep mode for several days running Final Fantasy IV on my CycloDS.

2 days ago I spilled some water near it, and I believe this water got in contact with the powered on DS.

Anyway, the DS was plugged into a charger at the time.

So I just recently decided to pop open the lid. What I found immediately was that it powered off as soon as I opened it.

Now, when I power it on, the green LED turns on, the top LCD turns on, and then it just shuts back off. A similar thing happens when charging. It will show the orange LED and then it will shut it off.

Does anyone know if this is something fixable? Like by switching out a battery or doing something inside that's not overly complicated?

Thanks.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Sounds like you've blown a fuse to me, but I wouldn't want to guess where. If you knew what had blown it wouldn't be exceptionally hard to replace. Since you don't, though ... is your DS still under warranty?

3. lancelott
    OP

United States
    No, it's not.

I also didn't completely dry it off before I opened the screen in sleep mode and before I turned it on again for the first time.

But I did before subsequent attempts with the same results.

It was sitting for probably a day or two between the spill and trying to play it.

4. lancelott
    OP

United States
  5. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    yes i think? *unsure*
    do u have any friends who have a ds? if they do ask them to borrow it and try changing ur ds batteries with ur friends' ds one, it might work

6. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    So your DS was on when water came in contact with it?

That could definitely cause a short and blow more than a fuse. You can destroy the entire motherboard and may need to replace it.

7. lancelott
    OP

United States
    Yeah.

Surprisingly, that didn't cause it to turn off itself. It was in sleep mode when water got in contact with it. Had I known about the water (the period of time between the spill and me opening the DS lid was at least a day), I would have paid more attention to the situation and dried it off before opening it back up. It powered off as soon as I opened the lid.