Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
@boobee did you recieve that one from TC or buy it from a reseller? If you got it direct from TC it's a probably pre-production version. The final product will likely be much, much better. And still if it is the final version it's only batch 1.
Yep, I got my iEvo from RHS and it has a pretty flimsy build as well. And the sticker looks like it was printed on someone's inkjet. I wouldn't recommend it in its current form.

@OP: This thread and the video should be renamed "My Nintendo DSi - ArmorStore Case Ad"

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Rayder said:
Did you guys really expect the first fully DSi-compatible flashcart to function perfectly out-of-the-box when it's a brand new product and mostly untested? When the SCDS2 first came out, how many of its "special features" worked perfectly? It takes time, in the hands of users who give feedback, before the card will really shine.

Team Cyclops themselves have said that DSi mode was preliminary at best at this stage of the card's firmware development. Future firmware updates should improve DSi compatibility drastically. The simple fact that the cooking game let you put a pic of yourself into the game while you were playing was a first for flashcarts. You guys should give TC at least a little credit for that "evolutionary" ability in a flashcart to play DSi-enhanced games in their "enhanced" mode.

One thing that TC relies on (as does the Supercard Team) is feedback from their forums to improve their card. They didn't have that luxury until the card was in people's hands. Now that the card is available, people can give feedback on their thoughts and experiences with the iEVO. TC will use that information to improve the card with constant firmware updates. Expect DSi compatibility to be constantly improved over the coming months. TC listens to your feedback and fixes the glitches and compatibility issues YOU report, so if you have an iEVO and want it improved, go to the TC forums and report your issues and make suggestions. TC is working on it and will take everything posted on their forums into consideration when improving their card.

If I have any concerns about TC at all, it's that I hope they don't slack off with support for the original CycloDS. Just because they have a new card out, doesn't mean they should forget about the old one. I hope they do well with the iEVO, but for many, they just breathed new life into the old CycloDS with the new GUI becoming the new "official" firmware for it. And I don't know about anyone else, but the new GUI is pretty damn nice. It expanded the CycloDS feature-set immensely and I'd hate to see them stop now.

Thanks Rayder. I couldn't say it better... But haters gonna hate and will always call us 'fanboys".

RoMee said:
nothing about this cart justify a $50 price tag
...The only reason to buy an iEVO is for it's "DSi" potential..nothing more

Money..that's all the reason you need (...even after requesting a free sample from the Team... )

There is a lot of flaws in this video but who cares... some patched roms and a lot of bad dumps with weird names... I won't explain you how to reset anyway but it was quiet funny ( not to mention the comments on Gulli - greetings to them )

The GUI was in developement since 2007 and some features were suggested by users even before Acekard RPG was announced.

Now peace I've got both and I trust in free coders and homebrew developement. Time will tell us...

Evolution
CycloDS will not be phased out from a support standpoint. We will not be manufacturing any more units, however each firmware release will include builds for both CycloDS and iEVO

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@GHOST

does it hurt to swallow the truth?
the OP summed it up perfectly....crappy

deal with it..

Even AW won't recommend this this cart in it's current state..
by the way, thanks for the free sample...I like selling crappy cart for $50 too, it's something I have in common with TC.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
GH0ST said:
The GUI was in developement since 2007 and some features were suggested by users even before Acekard RPG was announced.

Really? It took them four years to develop that? Acekard users have that since 2007. For real, not in theory.
blush.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
RoMee said:
@GHOST

does it hurt to swallow the truth?
the OP summed it up perfectly....crappy

deal with it..

Even AW won't recommend this this cart in it's current state..
by the way, thanks for the free sample...I like selling crappy cart for $50 too, it's something I have in common with TC.
... do or do not... it is your choice... sorry for being rude.

I am just fed up of these holy wars between cards users... ( even if Gaddafi is in the news, Jeannot you last post is going too far... you know why... )

Etalon, the basic features of the GUI are the same since june 2007. I am glad Wood and Normatt still keep updating my good old AceRPG... Credits to these guys.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Besides, if Sudokuhax matures, the iEvolution will become even less popular.
But only 250 DSis are going to benefit from that.
rolleyes.gif

Problem with DSi ROMs are that only up till now few release groups started to dump DSi games correctly. You can't blame TC for that. I imagine those release groups would want to redump earlier games.

While it is true that iEVO is expensive, you need to realize that there are no competitor against iEVO yet.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
trumpet-205 said:
Schlupi said:
Besides, if Sudokuhax matures, the iEvolution will become even less popular.
But only 250 DSis are going to benefit from that.
rolleyes.gif

Problem with DSi ROMs are that only up till now few release groups started to dump DSi games correctly. You can't blame TC for that. I imagine those release groups would want to redump earlier games.

While it is true that iEVO is expensive, you need to realize that there are no competitor against iEVO yet.

Yes and they are working full time to expand that. You can expect that from a 2$ card but ... again your choice.

QUOTE said:
Cyclops has accomplished what was once considered a near impossible task by expanding upon WinterMute’s Cookhack, a save game exploit for My Cooking Coach. DSi-Mode has the ability to run ROMs and Homebrew at 2x the CPU speed of DS-Mode with 16MB of accessible RAM. Additionally, running properly dumped DSi enhanced (DSi-hybrid) games in DSi-Mode offers access to the built in camera and WPA wireless encryption. Cyclops has incorporated a “compatibility layer”, which is described as software allowing DS-Mode Homebrew and ROMs access to the increased speed benefits and additional RAM when executed in DSi-Mode...
/... Cyclops has begun to submit source code into LibNDS, with the help of WinterMute, which will allow Homebrew developers to compile new projects and recompile old projects with DSi-Mode support. According to the February 1st, 2011 Blog Post by Pate, the developer of DSx86, the recompile process is rather easy and does indeed allow Homebrew to access the benefits of DSi-Mode. Currently only a handful of concept projects have been attempted or released, and while nothing is yet fully utilizing the enhancements, DSi-Mode Homebrew is being planned, discussed, and coded.

minilion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
Problem with DSi ROMs are that only up till now few release groups started to dump DSi games correctly. You can't blame TC for that.

I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the DSi dumps made by RFTD and BAHAMUT are GOOD dumps! he said he checked the hashtable embedded in the DSi roms to verify that the DS specific and DSi specific parts, and found that those dumps are 100% correctly dumped and NOT missing DSi parts!! See here for more info on the embedded hashtable.

But STILL the iEVO menu says DSi parts are missing for those roms! Isn't it strange that supposedly the *ONLY* correctly dumped dsi rom is My Healthy Cooking Coach, which has been dumped by BAHAMUT? So this group's dumper magically worked just for this ONE game, but not for *ANY* other DSi game?

As confirmed by my source, ALL BAHAMUT and RFTD DSi roms ARE 100% GOOD. So Team Cyclops is hiding something.. and they blame it on DSi parts missing, but obviously that is not true. Maybe TC just fails in loading other DSi roms...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
minilion said:
trumpet-205 said:
Problem with DSi ROMs are that only up till now few release groups started to dump DSi games correctly. You can't blame TC for that.

I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the DSi dumps made by RFTD and BAHAMUT are GOOD dumps! he said he checked the hashtable embedded in the DSi roms to verify that the DS specific and DSi specific parts, and found that those dumps are 100% correctly dumped and NOT missing DSi parts!! See here for more info on the embedded hashtable.

But STILL the iEVO menu says DSi parts are missing for those roms! Isn't it strange that supposedly the *ONLY* correctly dumped dsi rom is My Healthy Cooking Coach, which has been dumped by BAHAMUT? So this group's dumper magically worked just for this ONE game, but not for *ANY* other DSi game?

As confirmed by my source, ALL BAHAMUT and RFTD DSi roms ARE 100% GOOD. So Team Cyclops is hiding something.. and they blame it on DSi parts missing, but obviously that is not true. Maybe TC just fails in loading other DSi roms...

And you obviously haven't read anything the team has posted about the DSi mode
tongue.gif
The DSi mode is very BETA at the moment and loading commercial ROMs may lead to problems as stated in TC forums (don't have time to check the post where it was, but it still is there). I really do hope for a new firmware update since the current firmware does have problems with DSi mode. The problem with the DSi parts exists and it is easy to read from the .nfo of the Bravissi Mots Legacy dump also available on GBAtemp (DSi0007 IIRC). Sure some groups do make correct dumps but the firmware might still need a few tweaks regarding DSi enhanced ROMs.
smile.gif

-Qtis

minilion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so we have established the iEvo card has faults and unable to run properly dumped DSi roms. the question that i would like to have answered is...

is this fixable or is this not fixable, like the built-in DSi SD-card issue, which TC promised at first but later said it is not possible?
I would like to know if there is some technological obstacle preventing the loading of these DSi roms, since team cyclops has not managed to load other dsi roms

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Judging from the fact that TC have managed to run DS games, DS homebrew in DSi mode it should be possible for them to enable to the iEvo to load other DSi games.

By the way, they didn't promise the iEvo would be able to access the internal DSi SD slot. It was a miscommunication.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My iEvolution just arrived today, and my first impression of it? It's buggy, very buggy.
After the hassle of downloading two roms to flash the thing, blanking a microSD so it could be flashed, putting all of the roms back on it, and having to reset the microSD firmware because my old CycloDS firmware was interfering, I managed to get some games running.

DSL mode is about as hit and miss as DSi mode actually, I've had games crash on me just as likely in DSL mode, sadly. Some of my favourite homebrew just aren't compatible, like Phidias.
And these were VERY bad crashes, the DSi system itself froze, forcing a manual shut down by holding the power button...
The real-time menu is just as slow to respond as ever, staring at a white screen for 15 seconds as a worst case scenario.

On the other hand DSi-mode is some serious potential, this is the first flashcart I've used that can actually play the Sonic Rush Adventure intro at full speed.
Testing SNEmulDS with the SNES Test Program, it actually performed at about 150% on DSL mode, and over 250% on DSi mode, very impressive.
My pokémon black (J) rom with the V7 fan translation actually loaded in DSi mode, remarkably, although at best I got to see that the little battery meter works.

The build quality of the thing though is cheap, certainly cheaper than the original CycloDS, a bit cheaper than the Supercard DStwo, and dare I say it? Even cheaper than the Acekard 2i? So much for "Quality european components"

This thing has a chance to deliver some really great DSi mode homebrew, but I wouldn't use this thing for my commercial games any time soon. The DSTwo is ultimately still the better choice, I'm a bit disappointed all things considering.

You might say "It's the first true DSi flashcart, don't expect it to be perfect", I'd like to think that, but remember that when the R4DS came out, it was the best thing around with no problems with older software, only newer.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RupeeClock said:

Actually I have to concur on some point. DSL mode has worked perfectly for me, along the same way as my Evo. Maybe it has something to do with the ROMs used to flash it (needing to be certain dumps)? DSi mode on the other hand does have a few obstacles to pass, which aren't that bad. As for DSi enhanced ROMs, it has been said before that there may be problems at first especially with loading commercial ROMs. I really do suggest that you report all problematic games to the TC forum so that something can be done to fix them. Well that's what I've been doing :3

Indeed I'd like to see the next firmware update for the iEvo. Hopefully we'll see it soon
tongue.gif

-Qtis

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qtis said:
Maybe it has something to do with the ROMs used to flash it (needing to be certain dumps)?
The first MechAssault rom I got was rejected actually, then a second one worked.

But a big problem with the iEvolution is a large chunk of the require firmware files are technically dubious at best, who's to say you got the right files, or if they're accurate?

boobeee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
boobart.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Update i got 9 games to boot in dsi mode now, i'll make a video soon...

1.my healthy cooking coach (cam w/ chef hat) freezes when i try to save
2.tron (cam scans for QR codes)
3.icarly 2 i join the click(????)
4.sponge bob square pants racing game(cam up w/ sponge bob) freezes when i try to save
5.imagine artist(cam tool) freezes when i try to save
6.sonic classic collectoin(ram)(???)
7.sims3(????)freezes randomly
8.mario vs. donkey kong mini land mayhem(????)freezes on start screen
9.new carnival games(????)

this card sucks rat ballz in dsi mode!!!
hate2.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
boobeee said:
Update i got 9 games to boot in dsi mode now, i'll make a video soon...

1.my healthy cooking coach (cam w/ chef hat) freezes when i try to save
2.tron (cam scans for QR codes)
3.icarly 2 i join the click(????)
4.sponge bob square pants racing game(cam up w/ sponge bob) freezes when i try to save
5.imagine artist(cam tool) freezes when i try to save
6.sonic classic collectoin(ram)(???)
7.sims3(????)freezes randomly
8.mario vs. donkey kong mini land mayhem(????)freezes on start screen
9.new carnival games(????)

this card sucks rat ballz in dsi mode!!!
hate2.gif

QUOTE(Qtis @ Feb 25 2011, 07:46 PM) And you obviously haven't read anything the team has posted about the DSi mode
tongue.gif
The DSi mode is very BETA at the moment and loading commercial ROMs may lead to problems as stated in TC forums (don't have time to check the post where it was, but it still is there). I really do hope for a new firmware update since the current firmware does have problems with DSi mode. The problem with the DSi parts exists and it is easy to read from the .nfo of the Bravissi Mots Legacy dump also available on GBAtemp (DSi0007 IIRC). Sure some groups do make correct dumps but the firmware might still need a few tweaks regarding DSi enhanced ROMs.
smile.gif

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER