Hacking My computer won't read properly an A-DATA microSD card.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 4gb class 6 turbo microsd card from newegg. This is what I have tried so far. I used the original reader adapter that came with the card, but the computer didn't read it at all! The only way I could get into the microsd card was by using the TF adapter that came with my acekard 2.1. I procceded to put some applications and roms into the card, but was having a lot of trouble. The files weren't written properly and constant errors appeared. When I cancelled the error messages the computer will freeze and lock, and the only way that it could be fixed was by having to remove the TF adapter with the microsd. After that, I tried again to put the same file on the card, and sometimes was successful while anothers I kept getting the error messages. I already reformatted the card with the panasonic tool and still no luck. I checked the web and some people say that maybe if I put the microsd card into the reader where it came, insert it in my computer and then restart, that my computer will read it. Instead the computer froze at startup, so I had to turn it off manually. The only way the computer could start properly was by removing the tf reader from it.
The errors I get kept saying something about "cyclic", and that there was a hardware or network problem.

My questions are: Does some computers wont read certain types of microsd cards? and why?
Is there a fix for this?

Currently I keep fighting with this card trying to write some files into it, getting errors like hell, and hoping to put them successfully.

EDIT: That's it. The card became corrupted and unreadable. That's why it was so cheap even when it was an original. My fake Sandisk 4gb card works well but has some issues, that's why I bought an original one just to see that it was worse. I think the problem was because this adata brand of microsd cards was not compatible with my computer/windows.
Any thoughts?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does this happen to other computers?what is the brand/OS of it?did you try a different card reader(not flash drive/sd reader)?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
does this happen to other computers?what is the brand/OS of it?did you try a different card reader(not flash drive/sd reader)?

It's an HP pavilion a815n that has windows XP on it. I just tried using the microsd card with my motorola reader that came with my cell and still the computer didn't recognize it. As expected, I tried accessing the files on my fake sandisk 4gb microsd card, not with the TF adapter of my acekard, but with the reader it came with. The computer couldn't recognize it either. Only when I use the original microsd with the reader it came with for my cell, only that time the computer get the info. My conclusion is this: Fake readers can't be recognized by the computer. Some types of microsd cards and readers ( like adata ) are not compatible with some computers. I don't want to spend more than $30 on a combo of a reader and a 4gb sandisk card on bestbuy, even though I know for sure that will work for me.
What I want to know is if there is a list out there to see which card readers/microsd cards are compatible with what.

By the way, my adata card was taiwanese.

EDIT: I checked google again. The guy I bought the fake microsd 4gb from, gave me the wrong fake reader because it can only access sd cards ( not sdhc ). I inserted the motorola card into the fake sd reader, and the computer recognized it ( because the card was only 128 MB, less than 2GB ). Still this discovery has nothing to do about the issue with the adata incompatible card.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
true,maybe,i have pavilon too,2000.vista.sandisk,kingston on any reader works.

I'm going to try a kingston now since its cheaper than the sandisk brand, and see if it works or not.
Oh well, there goes my money again.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an SD reader, so the only way I could manage to open my 4gb sandisk card was by using a USB TF adapter. In that way, my computer had access to it and I didnt have problems at all writing and transfering data into it. The thing is that I am 90% sure the 4gb card is fake, so maybe it was a SD card with 2gb or less that was tweaked so it could seem to be 4gb around ( something fake sdhc cards do ). Thats why my computer could have recognized it, since it was SD always in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night