Homebrew my 3ds won't boot

Qagenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 7.1 luma I believe and I updated luma to 8.1.1 and when I did it, they showed it was successful and it restarted now I can't get it to boot. I tried holding start to boot up Gm9 but it won't let me. when I try to boot the blue light disappear after 1 second. please help

Qagenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. they said I hate to access Luma3ds chainloader menu.. I have gm9 and they both have the same input in order to access them and I can't seem to get it to show. how can I enter Luma3ds Chainloader menu?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. they said I hate to access Luma3ds chainloader menu.. I have gm9 and they both have the same input in order to access them and I can't seem to get it to show. how can I enter Luma3ds Chainloader menu?
Press and hold start when you boot your system. Change your GM9 access button to something other than start.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chainloader will only appear if you have more than one payload in the payloads folder. If you only have GodMode9 in there, then GodMode9 will auto-boot. Follow the guide.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something you may want to know. I'm trying to do the exact thing that you are, except I'm updating from 6.6. (Mainly so I can get mGBA to work properly.)

The directions will tell you to restart the chainloader menu after installing the new version of BootStrap. If you follow the directions and the chainloader menu stops working entirely, don't worry!

Skip that direction and go straight to swapping out the boot.firm file. Apparently, older versions of Luma don't recognize BootStrap as a valid entry point after it's been updated. Swap out the boot.firm file so you have the new version of Luma instead, and it'll recognize the entry point just fine.

Now, my problem is that GodMode9 doesn't seem to recognize B9S after the update, so the bit about running the cleanup script is absolutely useless. I think you should be able to update GM9, but honestly, I just went ahead and fired up Luma as-is at this point, and it seems to be working fine now. Everything seems to work, although I don't fiddle with the Rosalina stuff at all since I'm not entirely clear what kind of extra features are in there, and I remember that it caused crashes. To be fair, those crash reports are from way-back-when and B9S was just recently a thing. They may have, and probably have, gotten fixed by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)