My 360 RRoD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RodPN, Jul 15, 2012.

1. RodPN
    OP

RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2009
    Mexico
    What should I do? I went to a repair shop and they told all they could do was change the motherboard for about 115 dollars. I also figured, hey the Xbox is fried, I don't have much to lose, I have some expirience repairing things (not to mention I like cracking stuff open), how expensive and difficult would it be to buy the parts and fix it myself?

Or should I just say fuck it and buy a new one?

2. Rasas

Rasas Banned

Banned
    Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    Can you give more information like is it a Jasper? Honestly you might be better off getting a slim depending since it will just fail again.

3. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    What error code is it running is more relevant than what model it is.

4. RodPN
    OP

RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2009
    Mexico
    It's a Halo special edition. How do I find out the specifics about the model and error code?

5. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    A Falcon IIRC. Hold the sync button, while the right lights are flashing. Press the eject button four times. Each time, a number of lights will blink rapidly.

Tell us the number of lights blinking in order from the first eject button push to the fourth.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Halo 3 spartan edition 360's are Zephyrs

Just get a new or second hand Jasper/Kronos (should cost around 100 dollars)
    It's not really worth fixing old motherboards besides grabbing Keyvaults off off.