Hacking Must We Go The DS Route flashcarts?

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Yes we have used flashcarts on the DS for hacking purposes.
What I want to know is must we or rather why must we use flashcarts AGAIN to hack the 3DS.
I'm not hacker myself so I don't know the difficulty of using flashcarts vs hacking the software of the 3DS itself so don't get me wrong.
I just realised(as with the Crown3DS if it is legit) that most people are expecting the 3DS to be hacked using a flashcart and most of the hackers(speculating) themselves are flashcart teams. But must we use flashcarts? I mean that's just another device that will become non-functional after some time while most software hacks are free.

Just saying.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Give us a 3DS software that has been hacked that can let us run unsigned codes, only then can you speak.
We use flashcarts because it worked once, why not again? and software hacks are more easy to block, than external devices. Look at the Wii, it took some time after the first Mod chip came out before we got a software hack.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
It's hardly a cost. For the Wii you have to buy a £50 external hard drive, whereas a flashcart can cost about £20 (when quite new).

I use a $10 SD card. Who needs an external hard drive.

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
impizkit said:
Wizerzak said:
It's hardly a cost. For the Wii you have to buy a £50 external hard drive, whereas a flashcart can cost about £20 (when quite new).

everyone who doesn't want to keep several 4-8 gig games on their computer

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
impizkit said:
Wizerzak said:

I don't, I just use disks. I've got 3 containers of disks, it works very well.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
impizkit said:
Wizerzak said:

I use a £11.58 16 GB USB. I detest having to fiddle with disks. Fiddle with breasts however...

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
impizkit said:
Wizerzak said:

I do too, I'm just saying that a single game sized SD card won't be very effective after you get a lot of games

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
ninjaapple said:
Yes we have used flashcarts on the DS for hacking purposes.
What I want to know is must we or rather why must we use flashcarts AGAIN to hack the 3DS.
I'm not hacker myself so I don't know the difficulty of using flashcarts vs hacking the software of the 3DS itself so don't get me wrong.
I just realised(as with the Crown3DS if it is legit) that most people are expecting the 3DS to be hacked using a flashcart and most of the hackers(speculating) themselves are flashcart teams. But must we use flashcarts? I mean that's just another device that will become non-functional after some time while most software hacks are free.

Just saying.

In other words: I want to pirate games but not to pay for the flashcard.

Well, if only it would be so easy to hack 3DS, everyone would enjoy some kind of a softhack by now. Unfortunately, the only promising thing right now is a piece of hardware pretending to be a regular game card.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
impizkit said:
Wizerzak said:

I doubt a $10 SD card will be able to contain many Wii games at the same time. Have fun wasting time deleting and copying game images to your SD all the time.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
you still need to purchase an SD card which is much more expensive per GB. A flashcart is essentially like a modchip for wii (rather than a softmod).

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. So I really have a 32GB SD card and a 16GB MicroSD in adapter in the back. So 44 GB formatted with games. Still cost last than $50

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
impizkit said:
Ok. So I really have a 32GB SD card and a 16GB MicroSD in adapter in the back. So 44 GB formatted with games. Still cost less than $50
The Irony is that you could get a 320 GB Hard drive for less than $50. The point we're trying to make is it's not that big of a cost, and that investing $10 in a SD card isn't giving you much space for your games.
Hell, even a 1TB For $50 isn't too much considering most people don't only use them for Wii games/Homebrew
Now can we go back to talking about the 3DS flashcart thing?
One more thing, may I ask where you purchased your SD cards? I'm looking around, and in total, the lowest prices for both SD cards is $60

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ninjaapple said:
wow!
interesting how people turned this thread into a debate about storage space and cost of it.
It's the temp, it always happens.

I was hoping for a software hack too, but wasn't expecting much. Oh well, free shit is free shit, can't be complaining now can I?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool