Must Haves?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by FlashX007, Aug 17, 2010.

Aug 17, 2010

Must Haves? by FlashX007 at 1:59 AM (3,107 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I am finally a PSP user. My PSP arrived today and I had a 8GB memory stick ready with a few games thanks to a friend. I am here to ask what are the must have games. I am into anything mostly as long as it is good 'till the end. Also I have a few questions.

The 8GB memory stick has the following games. Which should I keep and which should I delete. (Once I get a USB so I can access the memory stick)

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    N+
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Fat Princess
    Fifa 10
    Metal Gear Acid
    Metal Gear Peace Walker
    Half Minute Hero
    Monster Hunter
    DOA (Dead or Alive... I think)

I think I have a few more but that is what I know off the top of my head. Unfortunately my bro keeps hogging it so I can't fully experience it without getting interrupted. Anyways I know some of the games are good but I don't want a disappointment when I can use the space for something better.

Also which games have WiFi and which ones need PSNlover to work?
    Also how to I unlock my WiFi? The PSP keeps saying I have to change a certain setting in order to even scan for a signal and etc.

I am into many games such as RPG, JRPG, Action, Adventure, Horror, Sci-Fi, etc.
    I am looking for entire series games as in if you suggest a sequel or prequel to a game I will get the whole series.
    Here is what I think are must haves. Tell me if they are good.

Ace Combat (Latest) I don't know the title of the latest
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (Of Course)
    Yugioh (Latest)
    Grand Theft Auto (Not Chinatown Wars... unless it is good) I am thinking IV or something before that
    Bleach Soul Carnival (I think I heard it had RPG so I would like it since I like the series and would gladly try a RPG version)
    Dragon Ball Z (Latest)
    Tekken (Latest)
    Patapon
    Need for Speed Most Wanted (I really want a racing game like this where you can drive the cars and etc. I am thinking this or Midnight Club)
    Final Fantasy Dissidia

2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
  3. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I know about that and I am considering the titles suggested there but I wanted personal member opinion.

4. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    Delete Star Wars but keep Fat Princess. They're kind of like the same, but FP has infrastructure.

Delete Acid, delete DOA, delete Fifa 10. Not saying this is what you should do, but if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do.

Try Dante's Inferno. That's the latest game I downloaded, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's just like the console version, and has same (if not better) graphics than GoW:CoO. Except this one plays at full FPS [​IMG]

5. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile

6. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I am running on 5.50 Prometheus so I will consider it. Also I won't delete half the games I have without trying them. I don't have a USB yet so I can't really access the stick yet anyway. Also I enjoy BFII. I am a Star Wars fan. I can't download really so I am trying to gather a list of games I should get so my friend can download them for me and send them to me via DVD. So far I only have one DVD and he included all the stuff on the stick because I am missing a cable in order to use my DVD drive. [​IMG] Failure.

Here is what I am willing to delete.

Fifa 10
    N+
    DOA

I want to try all the games before I just throw them out like that anyway.

7. overslept

United States
    Don't overpay for your USB cable. Get a 99 cent 2-in-1 USB data cable + charger off of eBay.

8. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I am getting a free one off a friend but I have to wait a week or so. [​IMG]

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I heard "Can I Really Be the Hero?" is a good game. I want it, at least.

10. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I was looking forward to a list but I will base my wants on the essentials thread I guess. It has some games I want but I wanted to try more than that plus it is outdated. Perhaps we should work together and make a new list? [​IMG]

11. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    It was made recently.
    So no.
    [​IMG]

12. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Meh, ok. Anyways all those games you told me to delete were really bad? On the side note I checked and its Monster Freedom Unite. (You asked which) Also I am a newbie it would help if people at least helped me with figuring stuff out such as the PSNlover thing and my WiFi problem. I still don't know how to change or access the setting that is preventing me from even using the Internet Browser.

13. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Yes, they are.
    You should play it if you end up liking it.
    Setting up PSNlover is easy, just put it in your plugins folder, add it to both the game and vsh.txt files, go to recovery menu and enable them.
    I'm not good at internet technical mumbo jumbo but if it gives you an error code I suggest you look it up.

14. overslept

United States
    Keep your Monster Hunter then. That's the latest one.

And yes, those games were REALLY that bad.

15. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I blame my friend then. Has bad taste I suppose. Also I was hoping to start with first Monster Hunter then get up to the latest. I guess I will go backwards.

16. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Freedom Unite has the same things as Freedom and more, so don't bother [​IMG]

17. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Ignore Arwing's recommendations...apparently he has terrible taste in games. [​IMG]

With your first and second list mixed i'd go something extreme like -

Metal Gear Acid
    Metal Gear Peace Walker
    Half Minute Hero

and possibly add on Patapon & Dissidia on your 2nd list. The Burnout games are better than the PSP NFS games if you want driving too. Of course you've got other stuff like Jeanne D'Arc, MUA and God of War CoO?

18. issy12

Member issy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i'm not too sure, but that error you might be getting could be because the WLAN switch isn't on?

19. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Yeah thanks and I realized that. XD I didn't know it had a WiFi switch. I finally figured it out this morning. Anyways I did delete one or two games. There was some similar space invader game called Minus or something so I deleted it because I got a PSP if I wanted a game like that I would have sticked with DS. Also I deleted Dead or Alive Paradise because it was just rubbish. You played as girls and gave presents and played volleyball. I am a guy and the game was totally not worth even looking at. I don't know why it is a Dead or Alive game but I did not stick around to find out. I only regret deleting it because it might have cool scenes. (You do play as girls [​IMG]) Anyways what I now have are the following.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
    FiFA 10
    Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
    Fat Princess
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Half Minute Hero
    N+

I also deleted Acid because I thought it didn't load or it lagged and etc. Plus it was only like 170 MB so I didn't care much but I realized it was my memory stick's problem. I later tried VII and that also lagged because I am using a SanDisk 8GB. I regret deleting it because I have tried Peace Walker and if that is good I am sure all MGS games are good. I will soon go out and get a USB cable and a 16GB Sony memory stick because of the SanDisk.

I am surprised my other games don't lag. VII is good but it lagged like hell. Ruined it for me. Gameplay is good but the cut scenes are terrible. Feels like I am waiting for a youtube video to load. (Old Computer)

20. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    You're running 5.50 Prometheus, yes? Quick question. Can you access story mode in Fat Princess? 'Cause I had it on my 4GB card until recently and couldn't get into story mode. Curious if it's anti-piracy or just a bad dump.

Good selection of games you've got there [​IMG]